• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #39: Resonance

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

then I’ll be ready to give my take on the story developments (and perhaps my wife’s view as well - as she’s new to the game).

Great, I’m looking forward to hearing them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

So, to be honest I wasn’t a big fan of the “Error: RunAGSGame: unable to load new game file ‘RESONA~1.EXE’” puzzle. Tongue

My desktop computer died this weekend, so I had to switch to laptop, but there was some error with the steam cloud savefiles.
It turned out that it’s not a cloud error, but a problem related to 8.3 filename creation. (Different settings was used on my two computers, I guess.)
Here’s the solution, if someone encounters the same problem in the future:
http://imgur.com/hqlsfal

Reached Tortoise Security yesterday, going to continue soon.
And yeah, the game’s definitely harder now, the world’s more open, and having 4 four characters ramps up the difficulty as well; I was stuck multiple times.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Sorry I’m so late to this.  I actually had the game ready and installed by the starting date but then my hard-drive got completely wiped!

I’ve finally gotten around to downloading it again and have spent the last couple of days catching up and I am now at the second checkpoint.

I’m very excited to be playing Resonance as I had started it back when it was released but never got around to finishing it.  This playthrough is just the motivation I need to finally find out how it ends!

I’d forgotten how brilliant some of the puzzles are!  Although I’d completed the wire puzzle the first time around, I’d managed to bypass it completely by accident this time.
I think I also had sent the email before but missed it this time too.  It’s amazing how much I’ve forgotten until reading about it from others.

My favourite parts so far have been the Anna segments.  They got me quite stressed and I ended up really feeling for her.

I can’t wait for the next chapter.  I know what’s about to happen!

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Nelza - 23 May 2016 07:39 AM

I’d forgotten how brilliant some of the puzzles are!  Although I’d completed the wire puzzle the first time around, I’d managed to bypass it completely by accident this time.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. But when I was watching Vince’s Twitch recording and he reached that puzzle, I couldn’t resist, went back to an earlier save and solved the puzzle (took me quite some time and lots of scribbled notes on the back of an envelope that was lying nearby - but very satisfying when I solved it).

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone! Time to move on to the last chapter of the game! Our last checkpoint was just after we left out of the Vault. Last time we managed to find our way into the Vault of Dr. Morales….lots of things for discussion.

Logicaly, now we are on the hunt! No deadlines this time. Just finish the game. And remember: there are more than one possible endings, so save early and often!

As far as what happened in the Vault:
I was really surprised when many people here in the forums claimed that it was not a shocking reveal. I can certainly see NOW all the small details from Edd’s chapter and thoughts with a different meaning, but the moment of the treachery was really unexpected in my eyes. I can still feel the chills of my first try when I discovered the truth along with Ray and Bennet. The brutality of the murder added to the shock value. Also, like other people mentioned here, Anna was the most sentimental of the group with the deepest background. Her loss is bound to affect the player. To sum up, I concider the Vault scene one of the best scenes made in adventure gaming in general.

EDIT: Also, what did you chose to destroy or save Resonance? What do you think of that?

My choice was to destroy it. It was far too risky. And Dr. Morales death at that moment was enough to persuade me of that.

EDIT 2: Please, always use spoiler tags for whoever was left behind.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m little behind but I just completed the vault part… WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Well played Vince, very well played, I did not expect that at all, awesome twist with great execution.

I chose to destroy the vault… Not that it matters since poor Anna’s brain is all plastered on the screen. That was brutal. That little creep… That was some Heavy Rain level of twist

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah. WHAT THE HELL!

It’s one reason this game is in my top twenty. Just one, mind you.

[spoiler]I didn’t see it coming either, although there were two specific events in the game that bugged me. The first one is Ed and Anna meeting at the hospital again after their talk in the subway. That was too much of a coincidence, but I blamed the developer, not the story. Sorry, Vince 12. The second time I heard an alarm bell was the moment that Ann kisses Ed on the cheek and he hangs his head and sighs. Strange behavior for a guy who went out of his way to meet a girl on the subway.

When I’d finished the game, I restarted it and did everything I’d done before in Ed’s apartment: looking at objects, making phone calls, etcetera. Everything takes on a new meaning.

[/spoiler]

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

Sorry! Not sorry!

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I recommended Resonance to one of my friends, and after playing it for an hour or so he PMed me to complain that the game doesn’t pay attention to details, his reasoning being that On the train, Ed tells Anna that her house is along the way, but you can see on the subway map that it’s not. I told him “good catch” and had a lot of fun watch him eat crow later Naughty

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good implementation of twists have to leave clues behind and the game did leave some. I mentioned Heavy Rain earlier but here is better since in HR the twist came out of nowhere.

Karlok - 24 May 2016 09:24 PM

When I’d finished the game, I restarted it and did everything I’d done before in Ed’s apartment: looking at objects, making phone calls, etcetera. Everything takes on a new meaning.

I thought about that, the beginning part of the game is shed under a new light no doubt

[/spoiler]

VinceTwelve - 24 May 2016 10:30 PM

Sorry! Not sorry!

Angry

Anyway, I finished the game now, after the Vault the ending part is pretty straigthforward. (except for the magnet pixel hunt) Still fun playing the buddy cop duo. The Lois Lane joke cracked me up. The ending puzzle was pretty simple but still took me 4 times to get the position right…

One thing about the ending that I must have missed (it waas pretty late when I finished the game…):
The Foundation XI wanted resonance to create chaos to make the government activate the Antivorta program so they could control “everything”. That scene from the intro happens soon after they left the Vault, did Foundation XI already have the resonance devices at that point? How did they create all that destruction so soon?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 25 May 2016 08:10 AM

Anyway, I finished the game now, after the Vault the ending part is pretty straigthforward. (except for the magnet pixel hunt) Still fun playing the buddy cop duo. The Lois Lane joke cracked me up. The ending puzzle was pretty simple but still took me 4 times to get the position right…

Did you chose to publish it or delete the whole story?

Of course I chose to publish. I got a good ending for my reward.

Btw, another possible ending is the one that Ray gets persuaded be Ed to blow the hospital to stop the Eleven Foundation. Of course in that scenario it is Bennet who gets shot by Ed. I hate that ending.

EDIT: And yes, the magnet pixel hunt was horrible.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I forgot to mention to anyone who is about to finish the game! Don’t you dare skip the credits!! That’s where the aftermath of your decisions is presented.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 25 May 2016 09:11 AM

Did you chose to publish it or delete the whole story?

Of course I chose to publish. I got a good ending for my reward.

I chose the same, of course.

Sefir - 25 May 2016 09:12 AM

I forgot to mention to anyone who is about to finish the game! Don’t you dare skip the credits!! That’s where the aftermath of your decisions is presented.

Meh  I’ve made a huge mistake… Have to go back later.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have finished the game. Got two different endings as well. OK, now what do others think about the plot and story? Do tell!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

About the story:

I loved how the story was unfolded in general. Having 4 different characters to handle = 4 different perspectives of storyline and that added tons of depth. Edds betrayal also added an extra storyline perspective. I liked the fact that half-game we were forced to return controlling just 2 of the characters exactly at the moment we got used to the 4 of them. While I do understood that the Eleven Foundation were the main villains of the story, they always felt too distant in my eyes. On the other hand, with Ed, things were more close to the chest. More personal. I had no trouble at all killing Ed and then publishing everything, despite the Eleven Foundation’s threats and I was more than happy with the ending I got. Never compromise. A world peace based on a lie is a fragile peace with no future IMHO. As for Resonance itself, well, I do agree that it could have its uses in the energy sector, etc, but the game itself (and our world in real life) has tought us that the human factor is something that should not be underestimated or trusted. Dr. Morales was right. It should have been destroyed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top