• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #39: Resonance

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Welcome everyone to the Resonance AGCP!! Smile

This game is ranked high in my favorite AGs list. It is a game that mixes both retro-style gaming and unique features. But first, lets have some small info about the game’s background history.

Resonance is a third-person point and click, sci-fi thriller adventure game designed by Vince Twelve, developed by XII Games and published by Wadjet Eye Games. It was released on June 19, 2012. The game uses the, trademark by now, 2-d pixelated graphic style of Wadjet Eye games. There is much attention to detail and the character animation is really well made. Also, superb voice acting.
The game’s difficulty varies from medium to hard, but all riddles are logical. Resonance features a unique concept called “Short term memory” and “long term memory”. That means you can drag and pull specific items from around you and memorize them to specific slots, so that you can use them in dialogs with other characters. It is much easier than it sounds and you will familiarize with it early on.
There are 4 main characters in the game. Through the course of the story you will control some of them or all of them together, combining their unique characteristics, knowledge and abilities.

Let’s meet the protagonists!!

Ed: The stereotypical nerd lab assistant, specialized in mathematics and physics. Also, competent with electronics.

Anna: She is a doctor in the city hospital. She is the most emotional protagonist, with a background full of flashbacks and nightmares….

Ray: He is a famous blogger reporter who likes to mess with other people’s stuff. A master computer hacker with many contacts (both legal and illegal). Also, his cellphone is one of the most important items in the game.

Det. Bennet: The stereotypical detective who wont hesitate to get his hands dirty to see the job done. Also, my favorite character.

The game can be divided in 4 parts. Some are bigger than the others, but I think that 1 week/ part (thus making this a 4 week playthrough) is a pretty normal pace. Of course that may change depending on the pace the majority can follow. These first days though will be spent in solving any technical difficulties, or simply give you time to obtain the game (if you don’t have it already). If we are all ready, we will begin the game in the 5th of May.

Whoever has the game installed and ready to go, please confirm it below. Also, please inform if this is your first time of the game or not.

Finally, the usual and necessary request to all participants to stay on-topic, use spoiler tags whenever needed and generally join in a good-heart spirit.

Oh, and admins, pin the thread please. Smile

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-04-19

PM

I have the game installed and operational.

I played it a little back in December 2012, but stopped early on after the characters met in the park. So, between time and barely playing it, I’m Like New.

I am, however, Brand New to CPs, as I’ve mentioned in various other threads. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game installed and ready to go. Never played it. Can’t believe the game is already 4 years old.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I already have the game installed from when it was released - I have played it at least twice but that was 4 years ago! I know it’s a game with a lot of variables so I’m looking forward to the different interpretations from participants!  Smile

(N.B. I’ve just to finish Touche!)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also have the game installed and ready to go. I have never played it.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

The game is installed and I’m ready to go. And not only me, my wife is going to join me in the playthrough. She enjoyed playing the Blackwell games, Technobabylon and Shardlight with me, so it wasn’t difficult to get her to do another Wadjet Eye published game.

Resonance holds a special place for me, as it was the game that was my re-introduction to adventures after a 10-year period in which I didn’t play any adventure (and hardly any game) at all. Three years ago I was at home, recovering from illness, and quite bored with watching tv to pass the time (and without the energy to get off the couch). So I remembered how much fun I had years ago with adventure games. While browsing the Internet I happened upon the articles on the 2012 Aggie Awards, and based on the descriptions of the games that won awards, decided to buy Resonance and give it a go. I haven’t stopped adventuring since…

It will be fun to replay the game, with my wife discovering it for the first time.

And chrissie, good luck with finally finishing Touché  Laughing

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

New player here. I installed the game and tested it, seems to be working fine.
Looking fwd to my first community playthrough. Smile

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Installed and ready to go!  Smile

I bought and played soon after original release, however only got so far and got a bit stuck. I’ve been meaning to go back to it for a while now, glad it came up for this playthrough.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-04-07

PM

I just installed it as well. It will be my first time through the game, I’ve never played it before. In fact, I bought it when I noticed it was first in the voting rankings just last week. It looks like it should be an interesting CP.

Nobody knows what is gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen, time to give the green flag.

Start the game, get familiarize with it, its mechanics and its protagonists (with whatever order you choose. It doesn’t matter). You have one week (until the 12th of May) to reach the moment where you can handle all 4 protagonists together!!

Go!!

EDIT: It is really nice to see new faces in an AGCP. I hope you like it and decide to join in more of this stuff in the future. Smile

EDIT 2: And remember, there is no need to look in online walkthroughs if you get stuck! We are all here to help with subtle hints, etc.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have started the game, looks very interesting so far.

Here are some awards this game has won:

Resonance was awarded several awards from Adventure Gamers’ annual Aggie Awards for 2012. It was awarded Best Gameplay, Best Independent Adventure, and Best Traditional Adventure as selected by both the staff and readers of the site.

Resonance was also named the best indie adventure game of 2012 by IndieGames.com. The site also listed Resonance at #9 among the top 12 indie games of 201

So, this playthrough should be a real treat!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-10-08

PM

Hello everybody !

I might join the playthrough as well.

Haven´t played it yet, got it from GOG.

I´ll spend the next couple of days without internet connection (just the laptop) in the countryside. So, no walkthrough accessibility Innocent

Last commmunity playthroughs I contributed to have been the ones for The Lost Crown & Gabriel Knight 3...
back in 2009   Gasp

I wish you all a good time !

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

Installed and ready to go!  Innocent

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

VinceTwelve - 05 May 2016 10:10 AM

Installed and ready to go!  Innocent

Yay!! Laughing
You made it!!! Welcome!!

It will be awesome to have you around!  Smile

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

kabouter - 02 May 2016 10:29 AM

Resonance holds a special place for me, [...]

Kabouter, thanks so much for this little story.  It really warmed my heart to hear how the game affected you and brought you back to the genre!  I was genuinely moved to read it.

And thanks so much to Sefir for picking my little baby for this playthrough and for everyone who is playing along.  It really means a lot to me.

I hope to play through the game along with you and to do so while recording it, so it can be posted to YouTube and serve as a developer commentary/retrospective if anyone is interested.

I’ll also jump into this thread as often as possible if you have any questions about the game, the development, or the planned semi-sequel that may never see the light of day!

I haven’t played through the game since before its release, so it’s been a looong time! This should be fun.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Welcome Vince, it’ll be great to have you play along. Let’s see what you think of it four years after release.

VinceTwelve - 05 May 2016 11:25 AM

Kabouter, thanks so much for this little story.

Well, I’m glad now I posted it. Thank you for making the game - and opening up yourself to criticism of frustrated players that are stuck, by joining this playthrough Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top