• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckydiegoskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So what’s Jane Jensen up to these days?

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I still remember the fun excitement of her kickstarter. But Mobius kinda clunked (wasn’t terrible but wasn’t that great either). And it seemed like the Kickstarter would have spawned more games from her but then just nothing. I mean maybe she’s working on things I don’t know about. So just curious if anyone knows anything regarding if she has any plans on new games or other media.

And any word on now her step daughter is doing? Last I heard Raliegh had ovarian cancer and it was pretty serious sounding.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, she also did the GK1 20th century edition. Maybe she went back to casual games?

Raleigh is okay again, I think. See http://www.raleighholmes.com/news/

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Yep, Raleigh’s cancer free from what I understand. Jane’s been writing novels now, I think she’s taking a break from games after neither Moebius or the GK1 remake were that successful.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

fov - 22 April 2016 04:34 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Come-Elizabeth-Harris-Novel/dp/0425282899
http://www.amazon.com/Land-Honey-Elizabeth-Harris-Novel/dp/0425282902

She also writes male/male romance under a pseudonym, and has been pretty successful with it.

Hah wow interesting.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So Sierra upcoming GK isnt made by her?

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

There’s an upcoming GK? Huh?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Phod - 23 April 2016 09:18 AM

There’s an upcoming GK? Huh?

Perhaps.
Hunch.
Laughing

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i think before we have any chance of seeing a new sierra gk, they will have to 1. finish KQ. and 2. show that kq was successful enough for a relatively large budget. Because… sure gk was pretty popular in its time.. but if KQ cant cut it… forget it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The sales are good zane, or at least with 2 chapters only its promising

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

sales are pretty good for an indie dev (100-ish k pc from what iv seen). But this has a much larger budget. And from what iv seen these days: new episodes dont have the effect of drastically boosting sales, and they dont get the same amount of attention. Episode 1 for pc has 23 critic reviews on metacritc, episode 2 has 7. I just dont see gk getting the AAA bankroll if kq cant hit it out of the park.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Don’t worry. She will see how well Thimbleweed Park does and make a comeback with an SCI retro adventure.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

We can get different Devs , like Roberta was just shown not involved.
And Oddgentleman work is high but budget doesnt seem that much, from Activision’s front,
Just like TMNT from platinum.
Infact Activisions budget wasnt high for latest TFormers than Highmoon games.
(Non AG examples to discuss Activision business mind, inb4 Advie warns me about blasphemy).
So lets see which Devs has the chops, i mean why Sierra was reemerged if not for old franchises and GK.
Lets see.
Maybe someone who loved GK has already pitched new GK to Activision.

Wink

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

She’s like cabernet sauvignon her best is yet to come.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont think Activision (Sierra) will ever recruit old devs, and that is not my assumption, i actaully talked with Scott Murphy more than a year ago when the Sierra revival was happening and he actually called Activision ‘pricks’, he talked about how he felt left out, how he talked to them for hours about getting SQ1 permission, and how they told him they would contact him soon, more than a year before (more than two years now), but he also was taking the subject nicely and easy as the ‘Scott’ he is; when he said to me “I understand the need to involve younger people in the future of the industry” and yet optimistic when he told me he would be waiting if Activision (Sierra) would ever answer his call.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As Activision is only using Sierra as a label for games developed by outsourced companies, I think they themselves won’t be approaching any of the original devs, but are leaving it to the developers hands. Also, for any future Sierra related adventure title, I do think a lot of is hangin on the succcess of King’s Quest: if it sells well, Activision will be more keen to think further.

As for Jensen, neither Moebius or FK remake was the comeback for her she obviously hoped. Her original KS plan was overly ambitious as it was vague, with her cyclical “year of adventure” idea. She stated way back, that she didn’t enjoy doing the management stuff, and neither did Robert, so if she returns to games I’m certain it will be in designer/writer capacity for an another company and not under her own Pinkerton Road. So if an another company would want to hire her, I’m sure she’d be more than willing to participate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top