• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #10:  Star Trek - 25th Anniversary

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok, I’ve just installed the game and lost in the simulation. I’ve tried multiple times and every time I lose against the republic… I really like Star Trek so I kind of want to play the game but I have to say that for now the simulator is worse than the one in Inca 2 Smile.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

giom - 07 April 2016 07:17 PM

Ok, I’ve just installed the game and lost in the simulation. I’ve tried multiple times and every time I lose against the republic… I really like Star Trek so I kind of want to play the game but I have to say that for now the simulator is worse than the one in Inca 2 Smile.

You don’t need to win the simulation, you can move on to the mission.
The second combat is easier and the third even easier since the Romulans only cloaked around and barely shooted.
Now Dale’s comment about the last combat makes me apprehensive…  Neutral

I’m stuck in the third mission, lots of chemistry in that one

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok finished the first mission with 100%. I was very much a good by the book Jim so I guess that explains it. I also gave the skull to the alien and allowed him to bury it.

I agree with Kurufinwe, the story of the first mission is a bit daft. Hope it gets better after that

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished the game, the last battle is indeed very frustrating, had to replay it numerous times. Thankfully the game allows you to save anytime so you can save it after defeating each ship. From what I read (and done) the trick is to focus first on destroying the fake Enterprise and then the other ships and keep changing speeds to keep the enemies on target. The game ends imemdiatelly after thatwith a small ending so it’s not worth it.

I thought the rest of the game is kinf of average. Either I just have nostalgia tainted glasses for Judgement Rites or it is indeed better because I remember liking it a lot.

This one the missions where not that intereting. The best for me whas the Klingon and Quetzalcoatl one. Other ones had some moments but were mostly too small to have a big impact. I think this one is better aimed at trekkies really.
It was pretty cool that the game has the voice actors from the original series.
The puzzles where mostly fun but the slow interface made it a bit boring to try different stuff. Also some nasty bugs, including a game breaking on in the final mission.

Anyway, challenge complete Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

wilco - 09 April 2016 09:42 AM

The best for me whas the Klingon and Quetzalcoatl one.

I remember liking the Quetzalcoatl mission in 25th Anniversary as well.

wilco - 09 April 2016 09:42 AM

Either I just have nostalgia tainted glasses for Judgement Rites or it is indeed better because I remember liking it a lot.

I would agree that Judgment Rites is better. Interplay definitely built upon what they did in 25th Anniversary. The individual missions in Judgment Rites tie together into a larger story, which makes the full experience more satisfying.

For either game, it does help a lot to be a fan of the original series. I appreciate the little details, like how they re-use the musical cues from the show, how they incorporate characters like Harry Mudd, Carol Marcus, and the Organians, how even the transporter chief looks like Lt. Kyle from the show rather than some random guy.

But yeah, the space combat can be frustrating. Large, slow-turning ships are not meant for Wing Commander-style dogfighting.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, the date is closing by and since this one didn’t have much participation I’m putting options this time to see if anyone wants to join in another challenge.
3 games:

Read Only Memories
Voyage - Journey to the Moon
Kentucky Route Zero - 3 episodes

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It wasn’t necessarily your choice of game. We had at least 4 playthroughs going at the same time.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, probably too much going on, but I’ll still see if there is interest or just let it cool down

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’m still playing it but between this game, the Space Quest playthroughs, DOTT and work, there’s not much time.

I’d love to play Read Only Memory but will need some time to first finish this game and others.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Well I already proposed a small break in these once, which wasn’t very well received. But I still think it might be a good idea, if for no other reason, then simply to give people a chance to finish the challenges that they started but still haven’t completed.

Either way, personally I not really very interested in either of those three games.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t had either the time or the mood to play any games for the last couple of weeks & still have some to catch up on.
I would though be interested in playing Kentucky Route Zero (or at least trying it as I have already got the 1st episode) if the challenge was presented in a couple of weeks maybe?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, anyone up for a new challenge?

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sure. Whose turn is it?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ahem, i havent ever played Discworld, i would love to see it being played here, as at least to be a kinda encouragement for me

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 27 April 2016 07:19 PM

ahem, i havent ever played Discworld, i would love to see it being played here, as at least to be a kinda encouragement for me

Discworld was a somewhat recent community playthrough. You also voted for it and didn’t join the playthrough.

I’m not in for a Discworld challenge.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top