• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Space Quest series playthrough

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I’ll check out SQ: Incinerations this weekend as well!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You guys have fun with Incerations. It is all around a great game, though I’ve only played it once.

It does have a very different feel to it than SQ the official SQ series does, but that’s delibrate, as the devs were worried, that if they’d be shut down, all their work would go to waste. So they wrote the game so, that only thing they’d have to do was change some names and what not, and thus have an unrelated game in their hands.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 28 April 2016 03:59 AM

I would be up for Police Quest playthrough sometime in the future, but yeah, not for now. I tried playing the first one 2 years ago but was always messing up and gave up.

who do you remember you messed it up Wilco?
and i need to ask did you know that playing it is essential with (its) Lytton map layout at your disposal all through the game? 

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2003-12-26

PM

wilco - 27 April 2016 08:52 PM

Also played the Spqce Quest 6 demo, features a completely different sequence with a different race and an actual use for Mr. Soylent - guess it was something that was cut? You can actually see the Bjorn roaming around in Plysorbate in the final game.

And now to remember that Space Quest 7 teaser that never was Frown

I don’t think the Space Quest 6 demo was cut from the game. They just decided to preview the game using a separate adventure and puzzles. I think it’s really nice because that way you do not spoil any part of the actual game. Freddy Pharkas did something similar with its demo. It even has its own version of the ballad (

).

Regarding Space Quest 7, I had a fan webpage at the time (Popular Janitronics On Line), and I did some interviews with Scott Murphy, Leslie Balfour and Jay Lee about the game. I lost most of what I had, but I still managed to find the following e-mail from Leslie Balfour about the project:

Hi,
Thanks for writing. You’ve caught us early, and I do mean early. The first meeting between Scott Murphy, Jay Lee and myself was on Monday. We met over lunch to talk about our ideas ... we had Chinese, and the fortune cookie messages bode well. In fact, mine read: “Your current endeavor will be successful.” (Eerie, isn’t it? How do they KNOW??) I immediately sent it to Ken Williams, demanding funding for SQ7 on the basis of the fortune. I haven’t heard back yet, so I guess he must be out of town or something.

Anyway, you ask about the game. We all feel that the adventure game is something we all enjoy and we think SQ fans like the genre too. However, we’re thinking of a cool hybrid between adventure and another genre, something that will really keep the game moving and fun. I also want to include a self-cloning kit in the box, but the jerks in marketing say the per-unit cost would be too high. Whiners. What do they know?

Oh, also ... I can tell you that we’re in serious negotiations with Beatrice Wankmeister. She’s intrigued by the project and is Considering it.
-Leslie

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice info, thanks for sharing, but a SQ7 being a hybrid… I don’t think that would have worked at all, just remember KQ8 Neutral

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 30 April 2016 12:49 AM

and i need to ask did you know that playing it is essential with (its) Lytton map layout at your disposal all through the game?

Somehow I missed this question, sorry. The problem was that, the map was not accessible because I was playing the game on a laptop and didn’t have net access at the time Smile

I’m playing through Incinerations, the game is good huge, also lots of rendered cutscenes. Except for the what I think ugly art style in characters (except for Stellar, she looks better thatn SQ6) it’s a solid game. Lots of references to the saga. I laughed at the unstable ordinance from SQ4 showing up.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Incinerations, surprisingly very good and long game. Managed at the same time to be tribute to the series with lots of details but also its own story and advanced the series.
The plot has a lot of stuff related to SQ4 but managed to make something unique and actually picked the Beatrix and Stellar characters and fleshed them out. The Gordon Freeman guy was also ok.
The 3D cutscenes at some point just went for too long, the creator is clearly talented animator but at the end was just showing off Smile
Roger does feel like a different character here and more of a action hero but all the connections to the past games still made worth of the series. Even 4th wall breaking like the closed Robertaland park felt something out of SQ3.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 01 May 2016 07:41 AM
Advie - 30 April 2016 12:49 AM

Somehow I missed this question, sorry. The problem was that, the map was not accessible because I was playing the game on a laptop and didn’t have net access at the time Smile

haha, well i thought you were implying (with your no-response)  that this might be the wrong thread to get into PQ details (yet), as the real PQ thread wasnt yet started and you’d surprise me with any time soooon Tongue Tongue

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

wilco - 01 May 2016 02:25 PM

Finished Incinerations, surprisingly very good and long game.

Ha ha, Wilco, you are fast as usual! I started SQ: Incinerations and am enjoying it so far. The writing is genuinely funny, and the puzzles are decent. I’m not crazy about how Beatrice is characterized, but we’ll see where this goes. I played it up to stowing away on Havoc’s ship. The plot intrigue is kicking up a notch now.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Caliburn - 02 May 2016 12:23 AM

Ha ha, Wilco, you are fast as usual! I started SQ: Incinerations and am enjoying it so far. The writing is genuinely funny, and the puzzles are decent. I’m not crazy about how Beatrice is characterized, but we’ll see where this goes. I played it up to stowing away on Havoc’s ship. The plot intrigue is kicking up a notch now.

I agree with Beatrice, I feel the developer just made her look worse and at the same Stellar better to play up the love triangle. It kind of goes well with the theme later related to the time travel and accepting the fate.
Actually I think the game gets better as it goes and actually goes to some surprising themes.

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I finally had a chance to finish Space Quest: Incinerations. Interesting plot. DoomTron was a fun sidekick. And I enjoyed many of the little references (minor spoilers, I guess, for people who may play this game someday and would like to discover these things for themselves): the guard watching Ducktales, the Duck Hunt bit during the shooting sequence, lots of details in Robertaland (the Poisonous Snake rollercoaster was particularly great), and all the relics of past SQ adventures in Roger’s luggage.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

look what we have missed, SQ6 had predicted the future

Image Attachments

13227127_10154269522677074_3647328062521646813_n.jpg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Batman/Superman comics predate SQ6 by a long while. A movie about that was going to be inevitable, even back in the 90s. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wilco, i still have no idea how you passed the SkateoRama but here is Mark himself apologizing to you about the hard times you had to pass it and make it happen : P Tongue

Mark Crowe: The last thing we wanted to do is piss off gamers with impossible puzzles or sequences that completely block their progress and enjoyment of the game. Unfortunately there were a few of these in our games. The most egregious one that comes to mind is the infamous Sequel Police at the Galaxy Galeria. That was just plan dumb how that got by us and Sierra’s QA department. No excuse. It’s something that could have been remedied so easily. We are truly sorry and embarrassed to this day about that. I’m sure there are several other irks that the fans would love to pummel us about. Here’s your chance everybody! So we don’t make the same mistakes on our next game.

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/interviews/729/

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lol Smile
Apology accepted, game is still great.
They should have a hard arcade sequence in spaceventure BUT skippable

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top