• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deponia Doomsday

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

chrissie - 12 March 2016 04:00 PM
GrahamDaventry - 12 March 2016 04:40 AM

I am sad the AdventureGamers site did not let me award less than 0.5 stars user score, this turd deserves a zero

So YOU didn’t like it but after all the time, hard work & talent that goes into creating an Adventure game I think referring to it as a ‘turd’ on account of your dislike is quite offensive & a 0.5 stars user score not reflective of the qualities of a game that’s been quite well reviewed but more a more personal one - okay you hated the game!    Laughing

Lots work & talent went into Isabelle, how many stars? Hard work and stars not commensurate.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, he’s just trolling and echoing John Walker’s “turd” comment. (Same poster who wrote that the AGSotD threads have been going downhill since Kurufinwe stopped doing it because nobody posted pics from the thousands of obscure adventures out there. Smile)

zane - 12 March 2016 11:44 AM

The review brings up an interesting question: whether someone could jump into this game without playing the others. I wouldnt recommend it, theres so much background info from the other games, but i can see where it might be okay.

Hm, frankly, I don’t see where it it might be okay. So, what did you think of the ending? I’ve read lots of comments at Steam and elsewhere. Most are negative. I think it’s great. Poki would never give us a happy Hollywoody ending for Rufus and Goal, that’s one reason I like his games so much. And we were warned by the intro and the song at the beginning of the game.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 13 March 2016 08:28 AM

Hm, frankly, I don’t see where it it might be okay. So, what did you think of the ending? I’ve read lots of comments at Steam and elsewhere. Most are negative. I think it’s great. Poki would never give us a happy Hollywoody ending for Rufus and Goal, that’s one reason I like his games so much. And we were warned by the intro and the song at the beginning of the game.

Yeah exactly,the game creates an interesting message about ends: all stories end, regardless whether its the ending you see or the ending you dont see. Even if they gave the happy ending people wanted, in this case an older rufus still blows up deponia. Rufus realizing this is his one true heroic selfless act (repeated twice). And at the same time, the developers have shown if youre creative you dont need to leave the door open for sequels. They could find a way to make another rufus story if they wanted to. But they dont have to. Thats the beauty of it Smile They double-downed on the third games end and it worked.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I listened to [spoiler]Poki’s Hussa song again and it spells it out: Soon you will gaze truth straight in the face: All rivers run eventually to the sea. At this stage it’s evident, there will be no happy end. [/spoiler] Funny, it’s even clearer in German. Es ist doch längst evident, es gibt hier kein Happy End.

I’ve played Doomsday in English, because it’s great you have all those languages to choose from and I was curious. But the German Rufus is really much better, funnier and weirder.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

I am sad the AdventureGamers site did not let me award less than 0.5 stars user score, this turd deserves a zero

Crap like this series is why I abandoned adventure games for a while: illogical puzzles, long winded idiotic banter and a horrible main character

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 13 March 2016 08:28 AM

Chrissie, he’s just trolling and echoing John Walker’s “turd” comment. (Same poster who wrote that the AGSotD threads have been going downhill since Kurufinwe stopped doing it because nobody posted pics from the thousands of obscure adventures out there. Smile)

Thanks for reminding me Karlok of the person who missed a whole year of Bastich’s AGSotD!

GrahamDaventry - 13 March 2016 03:51 AM

Lots work & talent went into Isabelle, how many stars? Hard work and stars not commensurate.

Okay, I was disappointed to see that a game had been rated that low after the work that goes into making one but I couldn’t find any other reviews that offered a ‘counterbalance’ of opinion & I have only come across one other person that loved the game so perhaps the reviewer here missed the point – I don’t know?

incometrader - 13 March 2016 01:22 PM

Crap like this series is why I abandoned adventure games for a while: illogical puzzles, long winded idiotic banter and a horrible main character

Why would you even play further than part of the 1st game if you feel like that rather than just abandoning it as something you don’t like & get on with something else?
If I don’t like a film it doesn’t put me off watching others, if I can’t get into a book it doesn’t put me off trying to read anything else & if a particular game’s not grabbing me I’ll try another – I really don’t know what your point is apart from the fact you didn’t like the game! But I am very curious to know GrahamDaventry & incometrader what games fire you up??? 

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 13 March 2016 02:50 PM
GrahamDaventry - 13 March 2016 03:51 AM

Okay, I was disappointed to see that a game had been rated that low after the work that goes into making one but I couldn’t find any other reviews that offered a ‘counterbalance’ of opinion & I have only come across one other person that loved the game so perhaps the reviewer here missed the point – I don’t know?

http://www.metzomagic.com/showArticle.php?index=459

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

chrissie - 13 March 2016 02:50 PM

Why would you even play further than part of the 1st game if you feel like that rather than just abandoning it as something you don’t like & get on with something else?
If I don’t like a film it doesn’t put me off watching others, if I can’t get into a book it doesn’t put me off trying to read anything else & if a particular game’s not grabbing me I’ll try another – I really don’t know what your point is apart from the fact you didn’t like the game! But I am very curious to know GrahamDaventry & incometrader what games fire you up???

I actually just tried both the 1st and 3rd Deponia hoping the 3rd was much better and it just wasn’t. From what I’ve read of the reviews this one is as bad or worse so yes I will be skipping it.

I get a little tired of seeing what looks like non-stop praise for something that’s just awful. My worry is that others will copy the formula for future games like so many have copied Wadjet Eye’s “retro” graphics which I see as just a cop out so they can save a bunch of money with substandard production values.

The latest adventure games I’d call excellent were Prominence, Stasis and Anna’s Quest plus Life is Strange although it’s not a traditional adventure. Before comments were disabled on reviews I used to comment on all the major releases here.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

incometrader - 13 March 2016 07:32 PM

I actually just tried both the 1st and 3rd Deponia hoping the 3rd was much better and it just wasn’t. From what I’ve read of the reviews this one is as bad or worse so yes I will be skipping it.

Is that a fact?

Metacritic: 7 reviews positive, 8 mixed. Average score 7.8, lowest score 6.9.
User reviews 24 positive, 5 mixed, 7 negative. Average score 7.4.
Steam: 736 positive, 58 negative.

And then there’s also the RPS “turd” review of course…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

incometrader - 13 March 2016 07:32 PM

I get a little tired of seeing what looks like non-stop praise for something that’s just awful. My worry is that others will copy the formula for future games like so many have copied Wadjet Eye’s “retro” graphics which I see as just a cop out so they can save a bunch of money with substandard production values.

I don’t agree that all retro graphics are a cop out. Many are, but Wadjet’s graphics and animations are now outstanding, as are their production values. I prefer them to many modern HD styles.

Joined 2013-09-17

PM

Oscar - 14 March 2016 02:51 AM

I don’t agree that all retro graphics are a cop out. Many are, but Wadjet’s graphics and animations are now outstanding, as are their production values. I prefer them to many modern HD styles.

I know I’ve heard it 100 times.

I don’t mind substandard graphics but Wadjet’s are just way too low to be acceptable for me, everything is a blob and with no hotspot indicator it’s very annoying to tell WTF anything is.

I don’t care how great the artistic style is, early 90s is just too far back - at least something from the early 2000s please…

But trying to stay on point here, it’s just another trend I don’t want to see become popular

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

Edit: Solved!

Hey!

Can anyone help me with a problem? I’m needing a savegame at the very beginning of the game, just after blocking the door with the pipe.

I’m having a bug where no matter how fast i click, i can never close the door in time.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

You can find a bunch of saved games at Daedalic’s website here.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top