• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 6 February

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To enter the February in fashion here’s a scene from Missing: Since January aka In Memoriam, a proof how diverse and rich adventure genre is - when Myst was released, many were skeptical to call it “an adventure game”, and same could be said for Missing, but now that the time has passed that’s exactly how they’re remembered. Our beloved genre not only withstands the test of decline in popularity, but also the “stretching” in the “Adventure games focus on puzzle solving within a narrative framework” definition. We never said how much “puzzle solving”, or “narrative framework” was involved, or how they’re achieved.

And Missing is a brilliant type of game to play right after seeing Michael Douglas in The Game - one (well, two since it got the sequel) of a kind - perhaps not by today’s standards but certainly when it was released, it’s a great effort, though now it’s clear that the genre hasn’t really followed on the “alternate reality” idea - I mean, would you really like a phone call from a female game character while you’re in the middle of a dinner with your girlfriend?! Crazy (also, what about those websites you need to visit that don’t work anymore?)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Missing since January? Well, it’s only the start of February. Shouldn’t we at least wait until March before we start searching? 

Laughing

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I gave this game a go at the time going to a lot of trouble to get it working with the websites etc as I thought it was an interesting premise but couldn’t get through the introductory puzzles!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I liked In Memoriam (Missing Since January is the fake name Smile ) but had that problem of internet searches going to the walkthrough…

diego - 06 February 2016 10:29 AM

though now it’s clear that the genre hasn’t really followed on the “alternate reality” idea -

Black Watchmen seems have been successful, it’s going into Season 2, although I don’t know of many more cases.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top