• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Clown’s Secret- updates and Dev Blog.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

New website: http://www.clownssecret.com/

Hi,

My name is Luciano Rateke and I’m a member of Clown’s Secret Team, a small studio formed by 7 people working on our spare time. We’ve been working on Clown’s Secret for almost 2 years from now and from the beginning had the idea of writing regularly on a dev blog. Unfortunately it had to be stopped as we had to prioritize our time in developing the game and passed through a very busy year. But now we are back to our dev blog, and proudly want to share it with you!

WHAT IS CLOWN’S SECRET?

Clown’s (as in short we call it) is an adventure game influenced by comedy movies of the silent age. The player will control Hal and Halbert, two detectives that are chasing a mysterious Clown through Tomainia, while in the process meeting with some non peculiar characters in scenarios that feel at home in the 20’s films.
Clown’s is a point-and-click game that makes use of traditional mechanics and user interface of the genre. It’s full of puzzles, most of them being Inventory and Lateral Thinking puzzles. And most of all, this is a fun game! We want to see players laugh and smile while playing it!

And to commemorate we made a video showing for the first time Clown’s Secret.
Hope you like it Smile

Luciano Rateke
@Lrateke
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi folks,

Came to say that the blog has received an updated: Holding Dialogues!

Also we’ve opened an Instagram page.

Cheers,
Luciano Rateke
@Lrateke

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi folks,

The Blog has received an update. This time we talk about icons, how it was back in the beginning of the project and how we handle them now.
More posts will come regarding UI in the near future.

Also we are working on our official website, more about it soon.
Hope you like it!
Have fun Smile
Luciano Rateke.

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi folks,

We are keeping regular updates on our blog and in the past few weeks we talked about some design decisions on the UI regarding how to deal with two characters and also we started talking about technical stuffs.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Luciano Rateke.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Can’t believe you didn’t get a single comment on this thread. The game keeps looking better and better! Best of luck with the final lap of production Smile

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Agustín Cordes - 03 March 2016 08:05 AM

Can’t believe you didn’t get a single comment on this thread.

Hi Cordes, i agree! -it looks really nice-. but (i guess) as i always have believed in the saying; ” someone always has to start with the slow clappin’ ” Wink

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Thanks for starting Agustin!
And thanks Advie too Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The style’s a bit different, but the graphics and animation have a certain Bertram Fiddle-like quality to them. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi,

Kicking off the more technical part of the blog today we show how we work within Unity to start making a scene. The post is basically about Navmesh, Area Interaction and position of planes.
Further on we’ll show more about how we’re making it and be more and more technical.

http://www.clownssecret.com/

Regards,
Luciano Rateke

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I really like the old movie look this has, and I love that adventure games seem to be the genre that’s most likely to shake things up visually. Keep up the good work!

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi adventurers!

We’ve been busy- a lot in fact! Since the last time I wrote here we talked more about technical stuffs on our Blog: like Texture Quality, Navmesh Controller and Movement; on our last update we even share some code.
When we’re done about all the Technical updates we’ll start making videos showing the characters that live inside Clown’s Secret- we guarantee you’ll have some laughs!

Cheers!
Luciano Rateke
@Lrateke

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi folks,

We finally created a new website and a new blog. This time around we made a site so full of colors, so full of sound, so fun that it even has a page only for the Boring Stuff. And if you dare you can even take a look on the beautiful dudes that are bringing Clown’s to life!

We are making a demo and also some short videos with our 2 Matrioskas for the coming weeks.

Hope you like our new site and the new blog face.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top