• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This thread is where we vote for the next Community Playthrough.
To keep it from growing unnecessarily long (and ultimately irrelevant for the CPT’s at hand), only the voting rounds for the previous and the current Community Playthrough can be found here.

The voting rounds for earlier CPT’s can be found in the Archived thread.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, it’s November in Chicago, and the weather forecast is for temperatures to hit the low 70s. I know this can’t last! Time to start the new Casual Community Playthrough thread.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

Games receiving votes during the last session are:

Royal Trouble
Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death
Azada in Libro
Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen
Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein

All the above games had leaders, but you will need to volunteer again. Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game.

Several other games were recently discussed as possible playthrough candidates in the Casual Games thread. Please make sure they get nominated.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I nominate Maze: The Broken Tower and volunteer to lead it.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 5. Fifteen days to go.

Well, it’s November in Chicago, and the weather forecast is for temperatures to hit the low 70s. I know this can’t last! Time to start the new Casual Community Playthrough thread.

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting will last 15 days and will close on either November 20 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie. This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

1 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader)
1 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader)
  Royal Trouble
  Azada in Libro

All the above games had leaders, but you will need to volunteer again. Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game.

Several other games were recently discussed as possible playthrough candidates in the Casual Games thread. Please make sure they get nominated.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 6. No new votes, Fourteen days to go.

Well, it’s November in Chicago, and the weather forecast is for temperature hit the low 60s this afternoon. This REALLY can’t last!

1 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader)
  Royal Trouble
  Azada in Libro

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 7. Thirteen days to go.

Well, it’s November in Chicago, and the weather forecast is again for a temperature in the low 60s this afternoon. This REALLY can’t last!

3 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Cluelass (leader) Tim, chrissie
2 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim
1 Royal Trouble Tim
1 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader)
1 Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Cluelass (leader)
1 Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Cluelass (leader)

All the above games had leaders, but you will need to volunteer again. Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game. Also, Cluelass thinks Nevertales and Sable Maze should be played as a pair, similar to the way we played the first two Enigmatis games. So, if you vote for one, you probably need to vote for the other. If those two end in a first-place tie, we will play them both.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

I would still be happy to lead Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death.

Also, for the sake of choice, I would like to propose Nevertales: Hidden Doorway + Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge as a double header. Both are multi-genre and book-related, and the comparison would make for lots of fun. I would be willing to lead either or both. (BTW—there is always a sale on a holiday weekend so Thanksgiving should be a good time to buy a twofer.)

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll cast a vote for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death for now!  Smile

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Please put me down for Maze: Broken Tower and Royal Trouble.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 7. Final update. Thirteen days to go.

Well, it’s November in Chicago, and the weather forecast is again for a temperature in the low 60s this afternoon. This REALLY can’t last!

3 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Cluelass (leader) Tim, chrissie
3 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, furgotten
2 Royal Trouble Tim, furgotten
1 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader)
1 Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Cluelass (leader)
1 Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Cluelass (leader)

All the above games had leaders, but you will need to volunteer again. Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game. Also, Cluelass thinks Nevertales and Sable Maze should be played as a pair, similar to the way we played the first two Enigmatis games. So, if you vote for one, you probably need to vote for the other. If those two end in a first-place tie, we will play them both.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I usually vote for every game. (Except I don’t vote a game in the tie-breaking round for the reason I have stated in the past. I.e, If I were to vote in the tie breaking round and there was still a tie, and I have the vote to break the tie, that would mean I got two votes while everyone else only got one.)

Here I am in a conundrum. I played Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors and really didn’t like it. It wasn’t a bad game, but the overall style didn’t appeal to me at all. So, while I almost certainly play it if it wins, I just can’t vote for it. And, since the request has been made to pair the new Nevertales game with the Sable Maze game, there lies my problem. As I suggested, if you vote for one you might as well vote for them both. Well, the opposite is also true. If you won’t vote for one, then you probably shouldn’t vote for the other.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Royal Trouble
Nevertales: Hidden Doorway
Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge

Real life has become crazy enough that I won’t be able to lead Royal Trouble until after Christmas, unfortunately. Perhaps someone else would want to lead if it wins?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I won’t post until tomorrow, but I will lead Royal Trouble in your stead. Hope you will be able to play, even if you can’t lead.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

rtrooney - 07 November 2016 07:10 PM

Here I am in a conundrum. I played Nevertales: Smoke and Mirrors and really didn’t like it.

Tim, the nominated game is Nevertales: Hidden Doorway, not Smoke and Mirrors. Which one did you play? Anyway, don’t vote for something you disliked. I suggest we put down the double play as a separate nomination. Then people can vote for either one separately, and/or the pair if that is what they prefer.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cluelass - 08 November 2016 11:22 AM

Tim, the nominated game is Nevertales: Hidden Doorway, not Smoke and Mirrors. Which one did you play? Anyway, don’t vote for something you disliked. I suggest we put down the double play as a separate nomination. Then people can vote for either one separately, and/or the pair if that is what they prefer.

I’m aware of that. I was using my having played Smoke and Mirrors as the reason I wouldn’t be voting for for Hidden Doorway.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of November 8. Final update. Twelve days to go.

Well, it’s still November in Chicago. The weather forecast for the next seven days is for temperatures in the low-to-mid 50s. Quite a drop for last week, but still about 6 degrees above normal. This REALLY REALLY can’t last much longer!

4 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Cluelass (leader) Tim, chrissie, Becky
3 Maze: Broken Tower Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, furgotten
3 Royal Trouble Tim (leader) furgotten, Becky
2 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader) Becky
2 Nevertales: Hidden Doorway Cluelass (leader) Becky
2 Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Cluelass (leader) Becky

All the above games had leaders, but you will need to volunteer again. Of the above games, only Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen requires the CE version to properly finish the game. Also, Cluelass thinks Nevertales and Sable Maze should be played as a pair, similar to the way we played the first two Enigmatis games. You can vote for either game individually, or vote for the pair by giving each game a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top