• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #37: J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Iznogood - 13 December 2015 10:37 AM

Let me give you the good news: Intense Degree managed to “persuade” Jan Kavan to join us in this CPT. Thumbs Up

That is awesome to hear Smile  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Let me give you the good news: Intense Degree managed to “persuade” Jan Kavan to join us in this CPT. Thumbs Up

That degree of intensity can be downright useful sometimes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

“Persuade”?

???

Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Excellent news!!!
Congratulations to both you and Intense.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Becky - 13 December 2015 02:47 PM

That degree of intensity can be downright useful sometimes.

TimovieMan - 13 December 2015 03:29 PM

“Persuade”?

???

Tongue

He he - Now would you believe me if I said, that I actually meant the double quotation marks in the opposite meaning? - That Jan was happy to get involved and didn’t need any persuasion (with or without quotation marks) at all. Of course I only have Intense’s word for that. Shifty Eyed

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey! Jan was definitely happy to get involved, I hardly had to twist his arm at all! And I did photoshop the gun out of that pic before posting didn’t I? - *checks* - Yep, see no coercion involved! Wink

All I really did was hang around while he was being video interviewed by the guys from Adventure-Treff,  trying not to look like a stalker (and it’s difficult not to look shifty when you’re as big, fat and socially awkward as I am!) and then pounce when they’d finished. He was really cool about it and seemed very pleased this playthrough was going to happen.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2005-08-01

PM

Hi everyone! Smile I try to keep up with the CPT as much as my time allows so unless nitrogen mysteriously explodes (no it doesn’t), I’ll be here with you.

Someday You\‘ll return, J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars, Serena, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A.: Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

metamorphium - 14 December 2015 06:56 AM

Hi everyone! Smile I try to keep up with the CPT as much as my time allows so unless nitrogen mysteriously explodes (no it doesn’t), I’ll be here with you.

Hi Jan and welcome to this CPT, I’m glad that you could join us.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Part 1: Xenophon & Phaidros

It is with great pleasure that I can now give the starting signal for the first part of this Community Playthrough of J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars.

The game starts with an abrupt wake up call for our protagonist, and .. well you will soon discover the rest for yourself.

The space probe poetically named J-XZN-12586, is initially orbiting the planet Xenophon, and we can’t go anywhere else before completing something on this planet, so exploring Xenophon is our first order of business. When you are ready for it, you should however also visit the planet named Phaidros, which is the innermost planet closest to the sun, and conclude whatever you can on this planet.

Unlike most of these CPT there is no outright stopping point, instead you are only allowed to land on these two planets! Fell free to explore the solar system from space, or jump back and forth between these two planets, and complete as much as you possibly can on both planets, but under no circumstances should you land on any other planets.

Also a little warning: You might not be able to solve everything on both planets during this part of the CPT, but don’t worry, you can always revisit them at a later time.

You have one week until the 21st of December to complete this first part.
Edit: The deadline for completing part 1 has been moved to Sunday the 27th of December

The interface can at first be a little bit confusing, not because it is illogical or there is anything wrong with it, but simply because there is more of it than just the standard point & click we are used to, so I will recommend that you actually read the manual and familiarize yourself with the interface before jumping into the game.

Fell free to make and post screenshots, but try to keep them as spoiler free as possible, and also remember that puzzle descriptions or story spoilers should be posted in spoiler tags, so you don’t spoil anything for the participants that haven’t played that part yet.

Finally, even if you don’t feel like you have anything else to say, please post when you have completed a part, so I can make sure that no one is left behind, and don’t be afraid to ask for extra time if you can’t keep up.

Oh .. and remember to have fun Smile

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Wow, liking what I’ve played so far. I’ve explored Xenophon and created the Solar system scanner. Not landed on Phaidros yet.

Regarding the Mind O’Matics – do you receive any indication that you have ‘solved’ them? Thought I’d correctly placed all the tiles on the Disaster on Xenophon one but nothing seemed to happen.

Suspicions!: -
[spoiler]From Andrew Lark’s datapad – She planned this from the beginning. Could be referring to Cynthia still, however could he mean Julia?[/spoiler]

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Noddy - 15 December 2015 04:34 AM

Regarding the Mind O’Matics – do you receive any indication that you have ‘solved’ them? Thought I’d correctly placed all the tiles on the Disaster on Xenophon one but nothing seemed to happen.

Yes, I can’t remember if it plays a fanfare or anything, but it should be fairly obvious when you have solved it correctly. And the answers gets locked, so you can’t move them around anymore.

It can however be a bit sensitive about the exact wording, like using the word killed instead of shot or vice versa, so if you try to replace some of the words with others that are more or less synonymies, then I’m sure you will get it right soon. 

Noddy - 15 December 2015 04:34 AM

Suspicions!: -
[spoiler]From Andrew Lark’s datapad – She planned this from the beginning. Could be referring to Cynthia still, however could he mean Julia?[/spoiler]

He he, perhaps, at least I remember thinking the same thing.

Joined 2005-08-01

PM

If you solve MoM properly, you will get an animation and the Mind’o'Matic gets locked.Smile Also they are entirely optional. Just to help you sort your thoughts.

Someday You\‘ll return, J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars, Serena, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A.: Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I might have said that about no technical problems a little bit to early, as I just encountered a bug Meh

Playing in HD ready mode, with a native resolution of 1600x1200 (yes I have an old 4:3 monitor), I just encountered a bug, that I don’t seem to recall that I had when I played the game the first time, but perhaps I just forgot about it.

The background image of the station are too big and out of sync with the active zones, more importantly it also covers for the fire-extinguisher and ventilator buttons.

It is still possible to solve the puzzle simply by pressing where the buttons should logical be, and finding the active zones by moving the mouse around. So it is not a show stopper, just makes it a little bit more trickier than intended.

Another solution that I just tested, is to simply run the game in full HD mode. Even if it is larger than your screen resolution, then it seems to downscale without any problems, I however don’t know if that will cause other problems later in the game.

Joined 2005-08-01

PM

That might be an issue of an incompatible savegame (as it’s on the launcher). Still the savegames should have been separated. The problem is that for technical reason, when you launch the game, it saves your savegame which then gets loaded. So I believe if you want to replay the game in HD ready, simply delete the savegames and you should be ok.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I didn’t actually start the full HD version until after I got this problem, to test if it worked without problems there, but I can’t rule out that I at an earlier time might have started the full HD version just to try it, and it created an autosave.

Anyway regardless of the reason, it was still possible to solve the puzzle, and similar problems have not occurred since.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top