• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 11 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, Charles Cecil turns 50. Happy birthday! To celebrate, here are two Charles Cecil games for the price of one.

I played through little bits of the game yesterday looking for interesting scenes (I originally wanted to use another Easter egg — no, not that one, you pervert; the one with the lucky piece of coal), and I realised I only have vague memories of it. I guess I’ll have to replay it at some point. Is the remake any good, or is it inferior to the original (like the BS1 remake)?

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

The coal easter egg happened where you first arrive to South America and give the piece of coal to the goat in order to speak with it.

I liked the first two BS games, much less the sequel as they were of lower quality in my view, weren’t pure point and click games and had atrocious interface. I really looking forward to the fifth game as it suppose to return to the original concept of the series.

I also thought that BaSS had an excellent story with great art by Dave Gibbons (the artist responsible to Watchmen and V for Vendetta).

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Don’t go near that Hole!!

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The original two BS games are my all-time favorite adventure games. I was so sad when I bought the third game as a kid and it was completely different. And let’s not mention the fourth…

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

i’m considering BASS to be the next game I play and I am also wondering whether to play the remake or the original. Can someone say his opinion about the remake. I know about the comic style cutscenes. Are there any more differences?

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

^
Me too, after the Monkey Island 2 SE… I’ll be playing the Remastered version on my phone. ^_^

Apart from the cutscenes, they’ve (presumably) updated the main menu, added a notebook, and added a hint system.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top