• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full Throttle remastered announced

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nomadsoul - 24 November 2016 08:10 AM

Remastered ver playable at PSX next month

Smile

First trailer of Best Schafer game

Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Look solid, quick comparison:

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Saturation is low
Looks like TV settings need to be changed Smile

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Looks great! Just played Day of the Tentacle Remastered and it was solid remaster version. I have played Grim and Tentacle countless times, but these remasters were good opportunities to purchase those games one more time and give credit to Tim Schafer, Peter Chan etc.. It was also first time I actually bought them myself because in 1993 and 1998 all my money came from my dad Grin I`m so glad to see that these great Lucas classics are alive and kicking!

Steamspy stats are pretty good too:
- Grim Fandango: 608,375
- Day of the Tentacle: 152,322

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I like the looks, though the color saturation is definetly a bit off still. And it will be nice to hear the voice acting and sound track in better quality as well.

I wonder if they’d again just re-painted those scenes in highre resolution or if they had better access on Changs original artwork. I’ve at least seen a lot of scans of the original artwork floating around.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Why do I always love the original graphics better in these remastered editions?! At least, this isn’t just a simple ScummVM filters used like in DOTT, but for example, I still like Ben’s model or the bike in that comparison picture better in the original.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

But diego, you just don’t get it! The game is SO much MORE enjoyable without jaggly lines! It’s a scientifically proven fact.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Game looks more toony than graphic novel, maybe they hired DoTT animators.
The feeling is a bit lost
Anyway as long you can switch to old with new high quality Music and VA
All the better

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

diego - 02 December 2016 07:28 PM

Why do I always love the original graphics better in these remastered editions?! At least, this isn’t just a simple ScummVM filters used like in DOTT, but for example, I still like Ben’s model or the bike in that comparison picture better in the original.

Well,they’re crisp but unimaginative.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

seriously yeah, the original still looks more detailed

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

The 3d model of the bike feels a little out of place (maybe it’s not final and lacks post production). I’ve always found it irritating when the background and the elements put on top of it didn’t feel like one picture.
Anyways, the overall style is of the remaster is not bad at all. It worked marvelous for DOTT, but the cartoony outlook somehow takes away the comic/cinematic feel and the more serious tone of FT. I’m not really sure what would be the best remaster approach in this case. Maybe there isn’t a better one. But I’d probably replay it with the old graphics.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The 3D modles do stand out pretty badly from the original version as well, but the new high resolution version seems to be a bit too bright.  And as it has been stated, the color saturation is better on the original pixel art as well. But I’m willing to chalk that all up on it still being in production.

Overall I’d say that the 3D model on the original looks way more off. The 3d models never did sit well with the pixel art IMO and it would have been better if they’d turned those to similar style with the characters.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

wilco - 02 December 2016 04:59 PM

Ign put up a bunch of comparison screens
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/02/13-new-full-throttle-remastered-screenshots

What is this plastic, bike supposed to be chrome?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

just noticed Fullthrottle font on Ben’s jacket where he is tied with rope is different
Tim funneling remaster money into Psychonauts2 confirmed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top