• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale Games: Batman.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

No getting off this ride, folks:

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/102827/telltale-games-warner-bros-and-dc-entertainment-announce-game-series-based-on-batman-for-2016

Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.

The episodic game series will premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

“Telltale has an established track record of creating award-winning content for some of the best properties in the world,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with the team as they deliver a new interactive way for fans and gamers to experience the rich narrative world of Batman.”

Revealed on-stage at The Game Awards 2015 in Los Angeles, the full announcement teaser trailer will be available for online viewing later this week.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Marvel and DC Comics game?!?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I for one am excited about this one. I always thought the Batman comic stories(whether it was The Killing Joke, No Man’s Land, Batman: Year One, or Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) to be top notch in the comic world, so there is hope for a good batman story.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Don’t get me wrong, I think Telltale can do a killer Batman game. Wolf Among Us showed they can work great on comic book style. It’s just that… yet another project they are taking and maybe rushing.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

I actually am excited about this—have wanted a Batman AG for many years. I especially would love it in the style of Batman: The Animated Series.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 03 December 2015 09:26 PM

Marvel and DC Comics game?!?

im not completely convinced the marvel thing is going to materialize, or go the same way as telltales kings quest.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rottford - 03 December 2015 10:38 PM

I actually am excited about this—have wanted a Batman AG for many years.

You’ve had one for many years.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

As a big comic book/graphic novel fan and Batman being among my favourite heroes (if not the favourite), I am really excited about the news too.  Thumbs Up

SoccerDude28 - 03 December 2015 09:55 PM

I always thought the Batman comic stories(whether it was The Killing Joke, No Man’s Land, Batman: Year One, or Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) to be top notch in the comic world, so there is hope for a good batman story.

Sure. Also, add the Long Halloween, The Court of Owls, Death of the Family and Endgame in this list. Wink

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Considering the only Telltale game I have in play is Minecraft: Story Mode - I welcome this.

True, 2016 could be them supporting 3 additional games (or even more) but even their worst game is actually fun to play - and I could keep up with that many games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Oscar - 03 December 2015 10:43 PM

I know—even fully remember that game when it came out. But I mean a hardcore AG. One without the action elements.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rottford - 03 December 2015 11:25 PM

I know—even fully remember that game when it came out. But I mean a hardcore AG. One without the action elements.

Well, if there’s one thing we already know about Telltale’s next game, it’s that it won’t be a ‘hardcore AG’. It may even have more action elements than Batman Returns.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I wonder what incarnation of Batman are they going with. I kinda hope they’d do the Adam West Batman.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Comics and TTG are natural fit, cannot be worse than Gotham TV series.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’d love a Batman adventure game - but much as I love Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns and other greats I’d want it to steer well clear of those kind of ‘event’ stories. A really solid Batman detective game - a Batman Procedural, if you will - could be amazing.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Surely, you meant this one. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

rottford - 03 December 2015 11:25 PM

When was the last time telltale made one of those? Not remotely recently.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top