• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AdventureX 2015 - 12+13 December - London

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Hi Adventure Gamers!

Just to let you know AdventureX will return for its fifth weekend of adventure, gamers and merryment in a couple of weeks at Goldsmiths, University of London (UK) on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th December.

It’s an event for adventure game fans, game developers, creatives and those just curious…

Doors open at 10am and it’s free entry, you are invited! There will be a bunch of exhibitors with games and projects to see and play, a selection of talks and demonstrations and some other fun features. Special guests this year are Ian Thomas (writer & designer who worked on SOMA/LEGO games) and Steve Ince, (who I’m sure needs no introduction here!) and of course talks from Dave Gilbert as standard & post-mortems with Francisco Gonzalez, Jan Kavan..

You can find more information at the website: http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk/

The full schedule will be up on Dec 1st, and some of the pages that are a little sparse (like the features page) will also be finalized for that date. But you can typically find some other info on the AGS forum thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52773.0

Feel free to join and add yourself to the Facebook page and event listing:
Page: https://www.facebook.com/adventurexpo/
Event listing: https://www.facebook.com/events/1686942748204625/

A mix of people from all over the adventure gaming scene will be there, even one or two people who make up staff here at Adventure Gamers! We are expecting about 70-100 people per day.

Thanks and perhaps we will see you there Smile

Mods, organizer

PS. You can still apply for an exhibitor spot (using the link on the website) but the application form will be taken down in a day or two.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

m0ds - 25 November 2015 10:44 PM

...even one or two people who make up staff here at Adventure Gamers!

No pictures, but I will do autographs for a very good rate. Smile

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Looking forward to it, will be there on the Saturday for sure and hopefully the Sunday too.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

The line up looks very promising. Is it a friendly atmosphere? I’d be traveling from Germany and since I don’t know anyone is this a good event to come to meet other people who are also big adventure game fans?

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Hopefully someone else can attest to it, but.. Everyone is there with a common interest…many people usually feedback that they felt welcome and amongst friends. From what I can tell there will certainly be a few other German attendees. Check the Facebook event listing and you may recognize some people?

IntenseDegree, nice see you there! And oh what a nice gramaphone you have! Wink

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

TheLongestJourney - 26 November 2015 02:58 PM

..Is it a friendly atmosphere? I’d be traveling from Germany and since I don’t know anyone is this a good event to come to meet other people who are also big adventure game fans?

I would definitely say so and I am a socially awkward type of person in real life, especially with new people! Pretty much everyone I’ve seen there over the last couple of years has been friendly and although there is a core group of people who know each other pretty well there who run the show, they are not at all exclusive and are all very cool people.

There are also always a number of people who come alone including from outside the UK, but as M0ds says, you are with a group of people who all have Adventure Games in common and are therefore all nerds in the best way possible! Laughing

Step is definitely a cool guy (if you can get past those “interesting” shirts he wears and his tendancies to bribe officials to ensure he wins all the raffle prizes Wink ) and I’m sure any of us AG forumites going will find each other pretty easily so we will all definitely have someone to talk to!

And oh what a nice gramaphone you have! Wink

Yep, it’s a beauty! Laughing

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Extremely friendly event. We’re all just one happy gaming family.

I am a cool guy with awesome (you did mean to type “awesome”, right) shirts. Allegations of bribery have never been proven. I deny everything. It was that other guy over there that did it.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Intense Degree - 27 November 2015 05:41 AM
TheLongestJourney - 26 November 2015 02:58 PM

..Is it a friendly atmosphere? I’d be traveling from Germany and since I don’t know anyone is this a good event to come to meet other people who are also big adventure game fans?

I would definitely say so and I am a socially awkward type of person in real life, especially with new people! Pretty much everyone I’ve seen there over the last couple of years has been friendly and although there is a core group of people who know each other pretty well there who run the show, they are not at all exclusive and are all very cool people.

There are also always a number of people who come alone including from outside the UK, but as M0ds says, you are with a group of people who all have Adventure Games in common and are therefore all nerds in the best way possible! Laughing

Step is definitely a cool guy (if you can get past those “interesting” shirts he wears and his tendancies to bribe officials to ensure he wins all the raffle prizes Wink ) and I’m sure any of us AG forumites going will find each other pretty easily so we will all definitely have someone to talk to!

And oh what a nice gramaphone you have! Wink

Yep, it’s a beauty! Laughing

Awesome, well I just moved to Europe and Germany in particular so I don’t know anyone in Europe at all. I figured this is my one chance to make it, so I booked my ticket to London, which will be my first time in the UK. I saw that the schedule is posted and I am excited for the Shardlight demo and discovering new adventure games in production. Hopefully I will see some of you there.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2007-04-03

PM

Man, I wish we could be there.
Hope you have a fantastic show! Thumbs Up

Mike Morrison // Digital Media Workshop // Prominence developer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top