• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 25 November

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

By far my favourite part of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, at least when it comes to the puzzles, is the part that takes place in the fairyland.

The whole place is basically one large M.C. Escher drawing, toying with the perspective and other elements of how we perceive things, using it to create some usual and ingenious puzzles.

The inspiration from Escher is especial obvious in the first screenshot where Geron either has become very small or is farther away than what should be physical possible. But also look at the second screenshot, are the two “things” with the colours respectively an actual corridor and room that we can walk into, or are they just paintings with a 3D effect that are hanging on a wall?
Since we are watching it on a 2D monitor without any depth perception, there really isn’t any way to tell the difference.

I won’t reveal the answer (in case there are some that haven’t played the game yet Shifty Eyed), all I will say that both of these perspective cheats are something that you have to use to your advantage to solve the puzzles. And it isn’t just these two screenshots, the whole place is governed by the same kind of weird logic that you can see here, which means that you have to think out of the box and bend normal logic in order to solve the puzzles.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Great game and very underrated in my opinion, along with his sequel Memoria.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I thought the whole game was rather strong puzzle wise but yeah, this section of it totally rocked.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 25 November 2015 05:33 PM

M.C. Escher drawing

And Rob Gonsalves, his spiritual successor. Wink

Chains of Satinav is above average game. Pity I didn’t care much for a “paper cut-out” animation, but it didn’t took much away from the enjoyment.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is perhaps unfair to judge Chains of Satinav negatively, mostly due to its uninspiring protagonists. In general it is a solid game and the section in the fairy-world was by far its best part.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav was the last game I’ve finished. Game was really awesome but chapter four felt like a completely different game which I didn’t like it. Puzzles were absolute nonsense for me!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top