• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 24 November

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You know, it was a question of time until “Like” was incorporated in a video game as the mean of progressing through. You’ll finish Cloud Chamber only if you get enough likes from other people playing the game Grin.

If it sounds ridiculous, wait until you hear the rest of it - Cloud Chamber is a a massively online adventure game! It’s a mystery/sci-fi package with a lot of astrophysics thrown in, reminiscent of Contact (1997) with a pinch of The X-Files. It starts with a mysterious signal from outer space, and follows Kathleen, the daughter of the scientist, who’s joined by Tom and Max on their way to understand the signal.

Now, the game’s mechanics are similar to “In Memoriam” and “Evidence” or other games (in)conveniently named Alternate reality games, though you really depend on other people playing the game - there’re several virtual “nodes” in the game’s story, and each node brings one secret node which is tied to it, in terms of the story. Now, to access that secret node, you need to analyze, speculate, deduce.. everything you saw in the original node, with other users in the game’s integrated message board, and if you get enough Likes, you’ll access the secret part. That means that the game is barely a game, it only gives you classic FMV-adventure footage with the node selection, which is open to interpretation. You can already imagine several drawbacks to this system, though it does deserve a thumb up for the originality. Thumbs Up

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mmmm… That doesn’t really sound like a very good idea, but is does sound original   Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So basically, if you’ll want to play this in a few years, you’ll have no chance to complete the game due to a lack of other players?
Or has it already reached that stage?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 25 November 2015 07:11 AM

So basically, if you’ll want to play this in a few years...

Try - “right now”! Grin Next to none are playing it. I think it would be wiser for the designers if they themselves were the one who are able to “like” posts from players. Wink (after all, they’re the only one who know the real explanation? Aren’t they? Embarassed Laughing )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top