• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 23 November

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Ben There, Dan That!

Whether or not you’ve played this before, you’ve probably seen it in steam sales, paired with it’s commercial brother ”Time Gentlemen Please”, for an astonishingly small sum. However, as this is Freeware Monday, we’re looking at the freeware one!

The first thing to say is that Ben There, Dan That! is really a very funny game. Quite British humour which does take a stroll or two through the toilet and does contain some rather colourful language but make no mistake, this is comedy done well, being entertaining throughout with some literal laugh out loud moments.

In describing the game, I realise that there is so much about it that could have gone wrong. The storyline is bizarre, sometimes preposterous and downright weird but it works really well. The puzzles vary in difficulty and can be a bit nonsensical occasionally, but somehow they work in the context of the game. Some of the characters seem to be there more for comedy than anything else, but again it works!

Artwork is vaguely comic book style and is certainly distinctive, even if it may not be to everyone’s taste.

One of the most difficult things about Freeware Monday can be selecting a screenshot that best encapsulates the game. Sometimes there’s a particularly obvious or beautiful one, other times I end up cheating and seeing which was the main screenshot the developer used when initially publicising the game and nicking it! This one is one of those latter occasions… Wink

On the whole, this game is certainly more than the sum of its parts and it’s difficult to explain why! I really enjoyed it, as have many others, and the package as a whole is really very good. Highly recommended for a bizarre and very funny few hours.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Never finished this one. Loved the humour but late in the game I ran into a bug which meant I couldn’t continue - apparently I should have picked up an item on the first screen.

So a warning to anyone who plays it - don’t do that!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top