• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #36: ASA: A Space Adventure

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Simon_ASA - 13 October 2015 10:16 AM

ASA: Remastered Edition (March 2015)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329980/

The game is working well since we released an important update in April (or May, was it?). However there are several bugs in the game that we never succeeded to fix, or that were discovered very lately.

Hi Simon,
are there any patches out there, we should be aware of?

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hi Advie,
there are no patches for the Remastered Edition. The last update was in May and all the versions of the game were updated on all the stores, so there is nothing to do (unless you downloaded the game before May and never updated it - in that case, simply download it again).
There are patches for the original edition (Desura) but they are provided with the game files.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Ready to start. I have the Remastered version. This is the first time I’ve played the game.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

What is it we are actually supposed to do to insure we are “up and running?” BTW, first time. Never played the game before.

Other than seeing the opening screen, should we play to a certain point and save?

Not sure what constitutes “ready to go”!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 14 October 2015 09:13 PM

Other than seeing the opening screen, should we play to a certain point and save?

I usually test if the game launches ok, change the options to my liking, and then start a new game to watch the opening video and look around the first two-three screens. And then I quit without saving…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2015 12:23 AM

and then start a new game to watch the opening video

Just so you all know: you can easily skip the videos with Escape key, so feel free to watch the opening movie!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Simon_ASA - 15 October 2015 05:28 AM

Just so you all know: you can easily skip the videos with Escape key, so feel free to watch the opening movie!

Why would we want to skip it the second time? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I hate to be a party crasher - but there is nothing better than a CPT with developer comments. So I will be tagging along.

So far, our kind developer is providing fabulous support for his game and I have really enjoyed reading his comments.

I hope this thread sells lots of copies of ASA - it is a highly rated and award winning adventure game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 15 October 2015 02:23 PM

I hate to be a party crasher

The more the merrier! Cool

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

So far, our kind developer is providing fabulous support for his game and I have really enjoyed reading his comments.

Thanks! I will do my best to continue. There are probably many other interesting things to reveal about the game during the CPT Wink Development secrets, bug explanations, differences between original and Remastered, softwares used for the graphics, ideas behind a specific puzzle… Well I don’t know yet, but please ask me. 

I hope this thread sells lots of copies of ASA - it is a highly rated and award winning adventure game.

Ahah, thanks. Don’t know if it will ever happen but it would be great Crazy

There are still 2 free keys left for the Remastered! Please ask them by PM.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2015 12:23 AM
rtrooney - 14 October 2015 09:13 PM

I usually test if the game launches ok, change the options to my liking, and then start a new game to watch the opening video and look around the first two-three screens. And then I quit without saving…

And that is exactly what you should do until I give the green flag later today. Smile

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hi, all the keys of the Remastered Edition are gone! However I can still offer the Original Edition for the CPT if you have a Desura account.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I started, and finished the 1st puzzle as i woke up today(now), the first puzzle is showing an idea of how the game is going to work; collecting clues for three different screens, and still not very sure while assembling it, terrific! ,an early Myst slap on the face and great feeling of victory.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 15 October 2015 07:42 PM

And that is exactly what you should do until I give the green flag later today. Smile

I’ve been looking for that green light. Haven’t spotted it yet. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 16 October 2015 10:39 AM
Sefir - 15 October 2015 07:42 PM

I’ve been looking for that green light. Haven’t spotted it yet. Smile

Ooops, but isn’t the green flag given for today the 16th? Embarassed

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top