• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shardlight

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/videos/view/29389

Got an email from Wadjet Eye about their latest game and it’s first trailer.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun..Apocalpse, plague, hunger death… You know all the fun stuff. Smile

Cant wait for this to come out.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, knowing Wadget Eye’s standards, it will probably be another great game as per usual….
Love the setting and the tone.

Spring 2016 is indeed still far away….

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am hoping (demanding!) they will consider voice over for ALL the game, descriptions as well, since they started this way they can not just go below, as its the case with their last 2 releases (Technobabylon, and Golden Wake + The Samaritan Paradox as only releasing),  hear me?!
.. it IS serious! and I am not gonna push meself again (and again, then get burned out) into playing Shardlight (this time) as i did with those latter mentioned above, doesn’t feel good at all seeing a good company go below their standards when they ONLY should go higher.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, it looks great. Wadjet Eye keeping the high quality. Who is the developer of this one?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 07 October 2015 05:25 PM

Who is the developer of this one?

well, i get your ‘silent’ point, but isn’t releasing responsible of all of (my trivial concerns) this

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 07 October 2015 05:32 PM

well, i get your ‘silent’ point, but isn’t releasing responsible of all of (my trivial concerns) this

Sorry, Advie, not sure what you’re saying but I was only asking who is making this one since Wadjet Eye is producing it.

About your complaints about the last games, could be true, but still have not played Technobabylon or Golden Wake so can’t really comment.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

technobabylon is excellent, and certainly just because the description of a wall isnt voiced… does not hurt the game in any way. I dont think a voiced narration is a perfect fit for every game. Its much more important that all of the dialogue is voiced, and it is.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Hello,

Popping in to answer your questions: I’m the writer/designer and Ben Chandler is the artist, but this game is being developed in-house. Dave hired me as a full time designer last year after he published A Golden Wake, so this is my first project in that role.

And yes, all in-game text is voiced, with the option to turn subtitles on/off.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 07 October 2015 05:56 PM
Advie - 07 October 2015 05:32 PM

Sorry, Advie, not sure what you’re saying but I was only asking who is making this one since Wadjet Eye is producing it.

About your complaints about the last games, could be true, but still have not played Technobabylon or Golden Wake so can’t really comment.

what i meant; is that you (i thought) suggesting that whom behind the not-fully-voiced business/game is the developer, Sorry Wilco, i might have been putting a word in your mouth, when you didnt mean it at all, only that your post came after mine made me think like this   Shifty Eyed

Grundislav - 07 October 2015 06:14 PM

Hello,

Popping in to answer your questions: I’m the writer/designer and Ben Chandler is the artist, but this game is being developed in-house. Dave hired me as a full time designer last year after he published A Golden Wake, so this is my first project in that role.

And yes, all in-game text is voiced, with the option to turn subtitles on/off.

Hi Grundislav,

Thanks for your volunteering reply, wish you and Wadjet Eyes the best of success to come.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

That video instantly reminded me of both Technobabylon, Primordia and Dead Synchronicity, all in one.

I am now officially looking forward to spring - Now where did I leave that time-machine Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Yes, it looks great. Wadjet Eye keeping the high quality. Who is the developer of this one?

As Francisco said it’s being developed entirely in-house, albeit not written by me. So while it’s not a “Dave Gilbert” game, it IS a “Wadjet Eye” game. Sorry if that’s confusing. Smile

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That just means you’re expanding, which is a very good thing. Means you’re successful! Cool Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Rock Paper Shotgun’s Shardlight hands-on

“Far too often adventure games (and indeed any games) can spend much too long trying to force its exposition down your neck. LOOK AT OUR WORLD AND HOW IT’S DIFFERENT FROM YOURS! NO! LOOK MORE! KEEP ON LOOKING! Shardlight is a really rather splendid example of how to assume the player isn’t an idiot, and can pick up on entirely obvious themes without having them screamed. This is a post-bombs-falling world, in which an authoritarian and oligarchical governance called the Aristocrats has risen to take advantage of the chaos. You play Amy Wellard, a mechanic who is forced to take on “lottery jobs” to be in with a chance of winning vaccine from the government to treat a wildly spreading plague that’s infected her.”

To put it in simple words, noooice!

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

The game is coming out on 8 March. It is now available for pre-order. I’m really looking forward to this one. Technobabylon was one of my favourite games from last year, and Shardlight looks like it will live up to Wadjet Eye’s reputation for providing interesting stories, beautiful pixel art and solid gameplay.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A demo was released today, too: http://www.shardlight-game.com/demo

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

fov - 01 March 2016 02:47 PM

A demo was released today, too: http://www.shardlight-game.com/demo

Good, short, 700+ mb “demo”. More like an interactive teaser, really. About 5 minutes of game play, and it looks awesome! I went ahead and pre-ordered!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top