• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 4 September

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

The Puppetshow franchise is probably the most popular ERS Games has produced. There are currently eight games in the series.

This screenshot is from the third game, Puppetshow - Return to Joyville. It is, perhaps, the last really good original game in the series.

This is a personal opinion, but while ERS produces some good games, once it is determined that the game is of “franchise qulity,” ERS beats them into the ground. The games are always exquisite graphically, but they lack the quality known as attention to detail. A game will be set somtime in the 1700s, and there will be a telephone in the HO scenes. Voice acting is usually quite bad. Not because the dialog is bad. But because the voice director insists on using accents that the voice actors can’t pull off.

I’m not sure when ERS became a Casual Game Factory. I used to buy everything that they put out. The exact opposite is true now.

Tastes differ though. My wife, and a lot of other people apparently like, if not love their games.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve played all the Puppetshow games and agree with you about the first few being the best.  We dealt with the villain and the creepy mechanical minion in the first 3 games.  Why the minion is still around doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.  Also, the music seems to be the same in every game.  I can understand them keeping the main theme, but the rest is just too repetitive.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top