• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Journey Down - New JD3 pics on last page!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

WE MADE IT!

The campaign is over with 1,389 backers at kr409,237 SEK
The funding goal was 300,000 SEK, so very happy with where we landed!

Thanks everyone. Grin

Celebrate good times!

We announced our first stretch goal today in a fancy video update. Please check it out!

TJD has scored some pretty awesome coverage so far, with the most recent ones being:

Kotaku - Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Eurogamer

Thanks again for your support. Smile

Hey guys!

Remember The Journey Down? The afro-noir adventure game hailed for so successfully ripping off Grim Fandango? Well, the third and final chapter is in the making and coming along beautifully! We’ll be launching a kickstarter in october to help wrap up funding for the last leg of development and I figured I’d be a complete dolt if I didn’t make a thread about that here. So, from now on, expect project updates right here!

As you can probably tell, the setting has shifted somewhat. It’s no longer film noir, but rather an eighties/nineties action move type mood. And we’re LOVING working with it. Heart Eyes

If anyone’s curious, here’s a new interview I did at gamescom about our current state: Video interview with Adventure Corner (youtube)

The TJD3 soundtrack is being produced by Jamie Salisburry, the insanely talented guy who took over after my good friend Simon passed. The soundtrack too, features a substantially different mood than the previous games, but don’t worry, there will be saxophone. There will always be saxophone in TJD!

And here’s a sneak peek at some of the new and old characters featured in TJD3:

Expect more shiny pics as we progress in working with our kickstarter campaign materal! And please don’t be shy with your feedback.

Thanks again.

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good to see some news, can’t wait for this. Will definitely back on kickstarter.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I have purchased chapter 1 on steam and have waited patiently chapter 3 release. And now it looks like I can finally play this next year in all its glory when story is finished Smile Excellent news and I will back it on kickstarter too. Good luck guys!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

For sure, let us know when the Kickstarter begins, as I will definitely be backing this game. I loved Ep. 1 and adored Ep. 2! Great news!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yup, another fan here. I’ve pretty much paid nothing from the earlier episodes so I’ll be happy to back the 3rd one.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

an easrly congrats, theo! wish you th best of luck with the finale..
any kind of teaser for the upcoming soundtrack?

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Here’s a sneak peek from the kickstarter video we’re working on. Smile

Wilco: Thanks, man! I really appreciate it!

Ahenobarbus: Big thanks! I hope you’ll enjoy them all once they’re finally finished!

notanumber: Thanks! Grin I’ll keep you posted!

millenia: Glad to hear it. Smile

Advie: Thanks! Sorry, no musical teaser so far. I promise to post one here once I’ve got one though.

And here’s a pic from yesterday’s development. We had to move out of our office last week, and decided that we’ll do some traditional skygoblin-roaming for a while and work from cafés and random institutions for a while to save some money. To our great joy, the place we worked from yesterday had a refrigerator so we could chill our beer. Grin

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Looking forward to this, good luck with moving and development and everything, guys!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looking forward to the third chapter, looks like it could be the best one yet!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Really looking forward to this. I think both chapters of Journey Down are for me some of the best and most memorable adventure games of the past couple of years. Playing them made me recapture the feeling of first playing Grim Fandango and I can’t imagine any higher praise I could give.

Keep up the good work!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also really loved the first two parts, and are anxiously awaiting the third game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

I’ve been looking forward to the conclusion, so you’ve got yourself another backer!

I’m sorry to see SkyGoblin struggling with finances again, but also inspiring how flexible you are at cutting costs. I very much hope the game is a success and you can keep on doing this!

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Mr Underhill: Thanks, man! Looks like we’ll be running kickstarters roughly the same time, huh?

Mikekelly: Thanks for the love. Smile

giom: I couldn’t possible imagine higher praise, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Iznogood: Thanks! It won’t disappoint!

after a brisk nap: Thanks for the support. Comparatively speaking, I wouldn’t say we’re struggling financially right now. It’s more like we know we’re going to struggle financially very soon if we don’t do anything about it. So, compared to previous eras in the history of skygoblin, I’d say we’re unusually steady. Smile (We’ve been through a lot of insane ups and downs these past ten years!)

Thanks again for this strong showing of support, it really means a lot to me (us!). I’ll be sure to post more goodies as we close in on the actual kickstarter!

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Hello Theo

Do you have dates set for the Kickstarter?
I’ll be sure to back you!
We’re also going to try our luck with one too in October.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do well, the screenshots look amazing!

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Hey man (that you seb?) good seeing you at gamescom!

We’ll likely be launching the campaign early October sometime. Let’s get some magic synergy going once we’re live! Grin

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Hey Theo, yes, it is I.
Good seeing you too! Are you at any UK events soon?

Some cross-contamination would be most acceptable!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top