• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ace Attorney 6

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Capcom announced Ace Attorney 6

http://kotaku.com/ace-attorney-6-was-just-announced-1727912881

Not a lot of details but looks like it’s Phoenix again.
But we still haven’t got a translated The Great Ace Attorney news… Maybe this one will come sooner.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

There it is, at least this one is confirmed to have a western release

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91084/ace-attorney-6-announced-for-3ds-confirmed-for-western-release

Edit:

First details from Famitsu:

http://nintendoeverything.com/first-ace-attorney-6-scans-details/

Game takes place in another the country.

According to the magazine, the game takes place outside of Japan. Phoenix Wright has come to the unnamed country for a reason, but he gets involved with another case. Residents of the country apparently believe in the spirits of the dead. A big Water Mirror (mizukagami) can be seen in their courtrooms on the floor. On the upper 3DS screen, there are images and words floating in the water. The touch screen seems to show part of a testimony and the option to present something.
Famitsu also introduces us to a boy who goes by the name (roughly) Bokto Tsuani. Bokto is a monk-in-training who works as a tour guide to make some money. It’s said that after starting his tour-guide-talk, he can’t be stopped.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m surprised that the 1800s AA hasn’t been announced for localisation given its Western influences/Sherlock Holmes.

Maybe Capcom thinks Westerners aren’t interested in anything that deviates too much from the formula? Would be a pity if true - the court mechanics remain lots of fun but the series is in need of a shake up.

The purple is evocative of Maya and Pearl Fey. A return to heavy spiritual themes?

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

As AA6 has already been confirmed for a Western release, it’s very likely that Capcom’s localization resources are all concentrated on AA6. I think Capcom France also confirmed yesterday that there are no plans (of yet) of bringing Dai Gyakuten Saiban outside Japan.

One narrative problem Dai Gyakuten Saiban has is that the story is about Phoenix’ Japanese ancestor, and that it is connected deeply with the confrontation between Japan - British Empire (discrimination against the Japanese, the hardships of foreign students, the Japanese protagonists finding out about the ‘enlightened, modern’ side of London as well as its darker sides). The America-setting of (the characters of) the localized versions just wouldn’t work here.

For me, I’d need to see some more info to really make up my mind, but I do have to say I thought this announcement came waaaay to fast. At least, I understand it’s different for those who don’t play the Japanese releases, but heck, a new game was released just over a month ago! The DLC season isn’t even over yet!

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Tantei KID - 02 September 2015 03:06 AM

One narrative problem Dai Gyakuten Saiban has is that the story is about Phoenix’ Japanese ancestor, and that it is connected deeply with the confrontation between Japan - British Empire (discrimination against the Japanese, the hardships of foreign students, the Japanese protagonists finding out about the ‘enlightened, modern’ side of London as well as its darker sides). The America-setting of (the characters of) the localized versions just wouldn’t work here.

This is not too much of a problem actually. In the goofy American backstory they’ve built into it that it’s an alternate timeline in which southern California has a very large Japanese immigrant population (hence all the temples and such). It would not be too much of a problem to say that Phoenix’s ancestor was Japanese without screwing up that continuity.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

For me, I’d need to see some more info to really make up my mind, but I do have to say I thought this announcement came waaaay to fast. At least, I understand it’s different for those who don’t play the Japanese releases, but heck, a new game was released just over a month ago! The DLC season isn’t even over yet!

It’s probably not a coincident that The Great Ace Attorney won’t be released in the west (by the looks of it) and not long after its release there is a new game announced that is instantly confirmed to get a translation.  Wink

Frogacuda - 02 September 2015 02:22 PM

This is not too much of a problem actually. In the goofy American backstory they’ve built into it that it’s an alternate timeline in which southern California has a very large Japanese immigrant population (hence all the temples and such). It would not be too much of a problem to say that Phoenix’s ancestor was Japanese without screwing up that continuity.

I don’t really see the problem either to be honest. In this day and age there are different cultures all over the world so this is not really an issue. I guess their reasoning is based on the fact that the players won’t be able to identify with the main characters or something of that nature. Not really buying that argument either though but it’s hard to judge since I haven’t played the game.

In any case it’s great news that all of us fans who don’t know japanese will be able to enjoy the upcoming game.  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am just glad to be getting another Ace Attorney game in the West, the last one was quite fun.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TGS 2015 trailer:

I think something looks off, not sure what, maybe it’s the fantasy country
I hope Maya shows up

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 September 2015 11:09 AM

TGS 2015 trailer:

I think something looks off, not sure what, maybe it’s the fantasy country
I hope Maya shows up

Burnt out.
I was like they are churning these out like TV episodes and voilaaaa,
PW anime series announced.
Much suited for that now.
Shutakami should either make Ghosttrick sequel or explore more differeng ips like GT.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Maya!!

Release date for Japan 9 June
Hoping this year in the west

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Can I just use this moment to gloat about how right I was?

thejobloshow - 01 September 2015 09:01 PM

The purple is evocative of Maya and Pearl Fey. A return to heavy spiritual themes?

Who called it, baby? YO’ DAMN RIGHT I DID.

Looks just amazing too. Very sharp.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

English version Ace Attorney 6 will be released in Europe/North America in September!!!!!!!! Digital only

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 06 March 2016 12:16 PM

Maya!!

Release date for Japan 9 June
Hoping this year in the west

Heart Eyes

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Digital only again… Some really obscure JRPGs get a physical release on 3DS and one of the most well known handheld series is relegated to the digital ghetto. Where’s your confidence in this series, Capcom?

Maya looks nice though.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

My reaction to any of this news can be best summed up like…

HUGE Ace Attorney fan here. I got into the series about two years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since.

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So a last Blackwell game?

Ahem

So, free DLC case for PW6 was announced - The Spirit of Justice, featuring the old gang like Larry Butz, Edgeworth, Maya and ................... Oldbag

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top