• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

one of my favorite rpgs of all time is being re released on steam and gog

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Grandia 2 originally came out for the dreamcast and had two horrible ports to ps2 and pc, well now its been re released with slightly updated graphics and full controller support on pc, My 360 controller worked great (it can also be played with mouse and keyboard but I like to stream to my tv.). I have heard the xbox one controller has had some problems. There are also folks who have reported bugs but the only one I have encountered was a music loop that shouldnt be playing sometime but that is all.

what is funny is I still own this game for my dreamcast but one of my children accidentally scratched it. so this came at a perfect time for me.

My favorite rpg was also on the dreamcast and created actually by sega (when they still cared) it is called skies of arcadia and to me blows Final fantasy out the water.

anyways here is the trailer for the re release of grandia 2

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2015-08-12

PM

Ooooh thanks for the heads up! I wanted to check it out and just might bite Smile tho I just started scratching my JRPG itch with the original Kingdom Hears.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I played the original PC port when it was first released and I also played the Japanese DC version a couple of years ago. It’s really an amazing game. Sure, the story is a bit predictable and there’s little freedom, but I love the fighting system and few things are as satisfying as canceling an enemy attack just as they’re about to hit one of your characters. I won’t be buying this version as I still have both the PC and DC version, but I definitely recommend it to people who haen’t played it yet.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I agree but without getting into spoilers, while there are cliches in the game’s story, I found they turned the cliches on their head more than once. I mean this game deals with religion and faith and the main character is an atheist. the storyhas twist and turns but yes most of the plot twist you can see coming a mile away. what this game excels at is the characters and their growth. this is a really well written game and overall pretty good english voice actors, which is good considering this came out in 99 I believe.

The game mechanics are some of the best in any jrpg and are very easy to get into, the game has enough depth and progression to make it fun but does not go into too much customization like so many other rpgs that it gets boring. I will say how the game unfolds is linear and can get old it basically go town to town solving town’s problem than fighting monsters in the wilderness until next town, plus overall the game is really easy, Im even playing on hard mode and have not died once.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top