• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m with Karlok on this one - it’s inexcusable that the trailer showing up where people consider buying the game or not - is not up to date. Something similar happened with remake of Al Emmo where all of the updates were listed below the trailer, which was just the old trailer from the original game.

As for the ring, it doesn’t really matter what context it is in - Tolkien, and later Peter Jackson made sure that WHATEVER ring is shown (not to mention, along with the word “precious”) the reference is obvious. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just finished Goodbye Deponia and really loved the game. I have played almost all of Daedalic’s games. I enjoyed Edna and Harvey too, but, not as much as the Deponia series and Whispered World. I played Journey of a Roach, but, never finished it. I don’t like keyboard control - and I guess the lack of speech turned me off too. But, what a great company!  I hope they continue to make games for a long time.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Randal’s Monday scored 69% on ATreff, and it’s the puzzles that are the major reason for it. Daedalic is in no luck with these publishing business, after the reviews for 1954: Alcatraz were not favorable, too.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well I’m playing 1954 at the moment and liking it quite a bit. In fact, after not caring for The Whispered World, I’ve enjoyed most of their efforts outside A New Beginning and Night of the Rabbit (still have to play Memoria). Humbug to reviews I say! Wink

69% isn’t too bad of a score anyway. And as a general rule, I can tolerate nonsense puzzles in funny games, so I’ll be keen to pick it up once I can afford it.

Didn’t get a great review from our friend Mr.Cobbett over at PC Gamer, but neither was it as scathing as I might have expected, particularly in regards to its humour and having an ‘unlikeable main character’. Said they managed to pull it off well, which is quite the compliment.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic to publish Shining Gate Software’ Decay the horror ag, into three episodes, the first one to be released this Friday the 13th (February)

I think this the 1st first person AG that Daedalic gets involved with (?)

——————-

Also a glimpse (video) of Daedalic impressions over the upcoming (a lot of..) releases for 2015, an exciting video, not recommended for soft hearted ,especially after a whole year without one ag developed from the company,
and that’s brings to my memory what Gabe had asked more than a year ago in a post here that Daedalic to go easy with their releases; uh please never wish for similar things again Gabe, you seem to have some kind of negative power Tongue

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Arrr! How could I have missed that nice dragon in Anna’s Quest Sad Tears

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

AAAHHHH!!! Anna’s Quest part 2!!!!
It is finally happening!!! Laughing

(On second note, very happy from the Spot return)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 03 February 2015 03:38 PM

not part 2 Sefir!, Daedalic is making/helping/enhancing it into one full game, including the 1st part that is already released.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 03 February 2015 03:53 PM

not part 2 Sefir!, Daedalic is making/helping/enhancing it into one full game, including the 1st part that is already released.

Even better!

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Advie - 03 February 2015 03:53 PM

Which I’m extremely pleased about as I’ve lost my copy of part 1 and it can’t be bought anymore. Really looking forward to this release and hope it keeps to the standard of part 1 (but I’m damned if I can remember a dinosaur in the game).

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jabod - 03 February 2015 04:12 PM

(but I’m damned if I can remember a dinosaur in the game).

you are right but the full game has one

Image Attachments

114159_6053697702462392472_n.jpg

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jabod - 03 February 2015 04:12 PM

(but I’m damned if I can remember a dinosaur in the game).

Have you forgotten all about the small, cute, green dragon that powered the entire tower in the room above the one Anna had been imprisoned?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ohh, me aswell, sefir Frown

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 06 February 2015 10:03 AM

ohh, me aswell, sefir Frown

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM