• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playing Legend Entertainment library

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Your list is complete according to my collection.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love your thread wilco & find the detail you’ve gone into on Spellcasting 101 interesting & look forward to what your thoughts are on the other Legend games as & when you get around to them!

I’ve only played John Saul’s Blackstone Chronicles (a few years ago) & Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon (at the same time as the CPT here) & loved both of those!

I can see that it’s possible to play Timequest on-line now but other than that it seems unlikely? that I will be able to play any others in the Legend catalogue?    Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 19 August 2015 10:17 AM

I would suggest you better wait for this one and try some other titles. It was highly voted in the last AGCP voting and there is still high chance that a TimeQuest Community playthrough may exist in the not-so-distant future.

I thought about that but I don’t want to wait because it might take a while and like Karlok said it will still be very difficult to actually win it. But I will still vote for it in next round, same thing happened in Pandora Directive and it was enjoyable to play it again with the community.

Karlok - 19 August 2015 10:32 AM

Oh, please! You know what happened to Plundered Hearts! Not a chance that TimeQuest will ever win. But if it does, Wilco can lead the CP.  Thumbs Up

Me leading? I’m not seeing it Neutral  plus you know a lot more about it, don’t try to escape Smile

Anyway, I’ve read the manual and briefing notes and I’m pumped to start it! Sounds epic, let’s see how it goes.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 19 August 2015 01:31 PM

I love your thread wilco & find the detail you’ve gone into on Spellcasting 101 interesting & look forward to what your thoughts are on the other Legend games as & when you get around to them!

I’ve only played John Saul’s Blackstone Chronicles (a few years ago) & Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon (at the same time as the CPT here) & loved both of those!

I can see that it’s possible to play Timequest on-line now but other than that it seems unlikely? that I will be able to play any others in the Legend catalogue?    Smile

Thanks, chrissie. About the old Legend games you can play most of them the same way Timequest is available online through archive.org.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve only played two of the Blackstone Chronicle games, Shanara and Callahan’s. I loved the latter, found the two chronicle games interesting, but not spectacular and thought Shanara was just OK. With that track record I have no burning desire to undertake the entire catalog. But I certainly wish you the best. It’s going to be a mammoth undertaking.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 19 August 2015 06:12 PM

mammoth

With the Syberia II CPT just underway… pun intended? Tongue

As for tackling Legend’s entire catalogue: I have most of these on my list of games to play as well, especially after Callahan’s turned out to be such an awesome game.
Never heard of the Superhero League of Hoboken, though, and for some reason the Spellcasting games don’t particularly catch my interest. The rest on the other hand… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not intended. But it works. Wish I had thought of it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 19 August 2015 06:12 PM

I’ve only played two of the Blackstone Chronicle games, Shanara and Callahan’s. I loved the latter, found the two chronicle games interesting, but not spectacular and thought Shanara was just OK. With that track record I have no burning desire to undertake the entire catalog. But I certainly wish you the best. It’s going to be a mammoth undertaking.

Is Blackstone Chronicles more than one game? it’s the only game I still don’t have. (hopefully by the time I get to it I have found it)

Edit: In Timequest I’ve already became pal with Caesar by saving his life, Cleopatra gave some kind of sex perfomance potion and saw the sunrise in Stonehenge Smile game is promising!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m sorry. I had the Blackwell games confused with Blackstone Chronicles. I have played two of the former, but not the latter. There is only one game as far as I know.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 20 August 2015 03:12 PM

Edit: In Timequest I’ve already became pal with Caesar by saving his life, Cleopatra gave some kind of sex perfomance potion and saw the sunrise in Stonehenge Smile game is promising!

I hope you tried to kill Caesar, kiss his women, and managed to do some serious questioning. Such as “ask Cleopatra about Caesar/Calpurnia” and vice versa; ask Caesar about his women, himself, Rome, lions, you, his wreath, his bracelet. Ask him not for his wreath but for Cleo or his wife.

PS: You didn’t watch the beautiful sunrise alone, did you…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 20 August 2015 04:00 PM

I hope you tried to kill Caesar, kiss his women, and managed to do some serious questioning. Such as “ask Cleopatra about Caesar/Calpurnia” and vice versa; ask Caesar about his women, himself, Rome, lions, you, his wreath, his bracelet. Ask him not for his wreath but for Cleo or his wife.

mmm, no… Restore [spoiler]ask Calpurnia about Cleopatra - “Tramp” [/spoiler]  loool

Karlok - 20 August 2015 04:00 PM

PS: You didn’t watch the beautiful sunrise alone, did you…

A man showed up at the end, told me about an eclipse on Mexico. immediately went there and was attacked by a cannibal, after that solved the Mexico maze and got a bird costume in another era. Returned there and he put me in a cauldron. Now I need to figure out a way to stall him for 5 minutes until the eclipse (I think…) . But don’t tell me (for now…), I’m trying to avoid hints, at least until I explore all the eras. I didn’t even go to any more main events besides Rome 44.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Don’t worry, I won’t tell you anything else. It’s just that I had dead ends on my mind and started wondering if Stonehenge wasn’t a potential dead end too. But it isn’t, I checked.

EDIT: Finished TQ yesterday. Good game endings are rare, fortunately TQ has a very satisfying one.

IMO.  Innocent

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Still on the struggle, Napoleon (and Shakespeare) are giving me a hard time Smile

A question because I think I messed up

The burial ground in old Peking, the cave was open the first time I went there, didn’t return there for a long time and now when I go there it’s closed (don’t know why)... Is it dead end and I should just restart?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I would not call it a dead end, but I’m afraid you should restore, yes. Time is of the essence! If you visit a location more than once, your second visit starts at the exact moment in time that you entered the interkron after your first visit. (It’s in the manual, easy to miss though.) Sometimes it doesn’t matter much, but in some places you have only a few turns to make the right move. And if you don’t know yet what the right move is, you’d better go back in time by restoring. Like with Napoleon. You have a dozen turns to waste on small talk before he throws you out and there’s no way to get back in. In Peking 1361 you have 27 turns (I checked after I read your post) to enter the cave. It closes for good at 12:30.

On a related note: You can’t solve the ten events in any order you like. Some are self-contained, like the Caesar event, but most are not.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 23 August 2015 01:28 PM

I would not call it a dead end, but I’m afraid you should restore, yes. Time is of the essence! If you visit a location more than once, your second visit starts at the exact moment in time that you entered the interkron after your first visit. (It’s in the manual, easy to miss though.) Sometimes it doesn’t matter much, but in some places you have only a few turns to make the right move. And if you don’t know yet what the right move is, you’d better go back in time by restoring. Like with Napoleon. You have a dozen turns to waste on small talk before he throws you out and there’s no way to get back in. In Peking 1361 you have 27 turns (I checked after I read your post) to enter the cave. It closes for good at 12:30.

On a related note: You can’t solve the ten events in any order you like. Some are self-contained, like the Caesar event, but most are not.

Thanks, I noticed that about the time passing but too late, unfortunately Peking cave was one of the first locations I visited and probably fooled around too much outside… I just remembered to go there again now.

Another question, is that cave riddle solvable without objects from other places/locations?

Another place that I think I might I have messed up is King Arthur time in Dover, because I left in last minute and now everytime I go there I immediately die

I’ll have to restart but I was missing 2 main events - Rome - Attila the Hun and Mexico (why doesn’t Shakespeare just give me helmet!!!).
The Charlemagne event with the crown was amazing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top