• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #35: Syberia 2

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I agree that the game continues to the same quality of the first one.

My only complaint so far - here is 37oC, the beach is just 5 minutes away and I’m playing a game about a freezing woman!  Grin

EDIT: I also have to say that when I entered to the Circos’ place, the background music brought me great memories from the first game…. Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finished the first part and I must say that while it was rather as easy as I remembered, it was on “Syberia 1 quality” in terms of everything. Smile

Iznogood - 16 August 2015 08:52 AM

Since the Syberia games are famous for their beautiful graphics, I encourage all of you to make some screenshots and post your favourite shot(s) from each part.

I took a number of shots but after some hard choices and since Iznogood allows us the post of more than one screen, these were probably my 4 favourites…

Poor thing!! Those eyes!!!

Nice bar!!

Hans. No, the old man didn’t became Hitler out of a sudden!! Grin

And finally….the shortest bathroom sink ever created!!! It’s as high as Kate’s knees!!!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m the opposite. I remember scenes from the game, but am remembering absolutely nothing regarding what you have to do in those scenes. It’s pretty much like I’ve never played the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 17 August 2015 03:59 AM

My only complaint so far - here is 37oC, the beach is just 5 minutes away and I’m playing a game about a freezing woman!  Grin

Interesting, now does playing this game actually makes you feel colder and help you to endure the heat, or does it just feel weird?
It isn’t nearly as hot here where I live, though it is still normal summer weather, but I still find it just a little bit weird.

Mikekelly - 17 August 2015 02:02 AM

Personally - I find the graphics of this game to be as good as the first one - very jaw dropping.

I actually find the the graphics here in no 2 is if possible, even more beautiful that in the first .. though the best imo comes later in the game Tongue

Sefir - 17 August 2015 07:06 AM

I took a number of shots but after some hard choices and since Iznogood allows us the post of more than one screen, these were probably my 4 favourites…

Interesting choices.
And yeah there isn’t any hard-cap on the number of pictures you can post, just your own self constraint.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I´m done with the first part too.
So far it feels like I remember the scenes and some of the story, but not really the puzzles- though I probably do, subconsciously.
I think I like Kate better than I did in the first game…

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

On the count of 3 Oscar - Draw!

Hans, why hasn’t Oscar asked you for your train ticket?

Now in the monastery. Like Sefir I remembered a great deal of what to do in this part and, due to there being next to no interaction with anything that wasn’t required of you, found it pretty easy.

I do recall from when I first played that, in the Bourgoff Brothers’ camp, I looked at some documents on the table and then talked to Igor. This time I talked to Igor first and didn’t get any opportunity to look at the table before Ivan returned and Kate rushed out.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m not as far in as the rest of you—I just made it down to where the lowlifes live. I remember the candy machine puzzle from playing before—is there any way to figure out which coin to use other than sheer trial-and-error?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Also made it to the monastery. Boy, do I wish for an interactive map. The amount of walking here is, I believe worse than it was at the University.

Yes the candy puzzle is trial and error. But don’t forget to retrieve your coins after you get the candy. I don’t remember what they are used for later, but I assume they will be used for something.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I made it to the monastery as well. It was pretty straightforward, and not difficult at all.

One thing I like about the Syberia games is that I rarely ever miss a hot spot like in this thread:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/6089/

It’s either the hit box for the object is pretty big, or the object color stands out in the background, but I rarely miss collecting an object due to its obscurity in the background.

Edit: By the way, a quick question: Is there a reason why Hans is too short? Is it because of his fall in the first game that he stopped growing?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One thing about the Syberia adventures is that they are not very difficult. The puzzles are pretty straight forward and logical.

I do find it quite interesting that some players prefer the graphics in Syberia 2 over Syberia 1. Syberia 1 was lauded at time for its amazing graphics.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also just made it down to low-town, but before continuing I thought I would pop in to say a few things.

Much to my surprise, I have actually missed Oscar’s helpfulness Wink
My wheelwork is complex and fragile, it is poorly adjusted for the rigors of winter, Kate Walker. Grin
I have not been Designed to ask such questions, I am an automaton. I know Oscar, I get the Picture.

Becky - 17 August 2015 05:14 PM

I remember the candy machine puzzle from playing before—is there any way to figure out which coin to use other than sheer trial-and-error?

I believe there is: If you call the phone number you can see at the bottom of the broken candy machine, you will get some clues as to which is the correct coin for each type of candy. It doesn’t tell you directly, but it is possible to figure out using the clues.

SoccerDude28 - 17 August 2015 08:51 PM

Edit: By the way, a quick question: Is there a reason why Hans is too short? Is it because of his fall in the first game that he stopped growing?

I don’t believe anything is mentioned in the game about it, but old people are often shorter than younger, partly because you actually shrink a bit with age, but also because the average hight was shorter in their time.
Personally I however think that the main reason he was made like this, is simply to emphasize his child-like nature.

And finally….the shortest bathroom sink ever created!!! It’s as high as Kate’s knees!!!

Perfectly designed for Hans’s height!

Jabod - 17 August 2015 02:33 PM

On the count of 3 Oscar - Draw!
Hans, why hasn’t Oscar asked you for your train ticket?

A pity this is not the caption contest.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 18 August 2015 08:17 AM

Perfectly designed for Hans’s height!

If that’s the case, Hans needs some kind of a ladder to see himself in the bathroom’s mirror. Wink

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 18 August 2015 08:17 AM
Becky - 17 August 2015 05:14 PM

I remember the candy machine puzzle from playing before—is there any way to figure out which coin to use other than sheer trial-and-error?

I believe there is: If you call the phone number you can see at the bottom of the broken candy machine, you will get some clues as to which is the correct coin for each type of candy. It doesn’t tell you directly, but it is possible to figure out using the clues.

Funny you should mention that. I did use the phone to call the number, but only after I had already solved the puzzle using trial and error. As a result, I paid very little attention to the message.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have now also completed the first part of the game, so time for a few more words.

My favourite character in Romansbourg is definitely [spoiler]Malka.
Not just because she is cute and helpful, well being cute probably doesn’t hurt, but just as much because of the (sad) side story of her mothers death. Her mother died because the monks were too set in their ways and tradition, too fanatical in their religion and too chauvinistic in their views, to be of any actual use to anybody. Instead of helping her, which they could have done, they refused or at least delayed helping her until it was too late.[/spoiler]

I really like these kind of side stories. Everybody can tell a story, well perhaps not everybody, but I’m sure you get what I mean. Where a game or for that matter any kind of fiction starts to fell alive, is when there is also all kind of small side stories that has nothing or little to do with the main story, it adds depth to the whole thing.

In general I also find that the people we have meet so far here in Romansbourg are much more friendly and helpful than the people we met in the first game. Apart from Malka we also have Colonel Emeliov Goupatchev and Cirkos, even the monk is somewhat friendly and only the two bourgoff brothers are outright hostile. I wonder if there is a point to this, the further you get from civilization the more friendly and helpful people become?

Another difference between the two games that I have noticed, is that where the first game had a lot of symbolism in the graphics, and told a story in itself purely by the means of the symbolism and graphics of each of the places that we visited, then this doesn’t seem to be the case here in the sequel.
There is of course the whole uptown and lowtown thing, and the reclusive if not outright misanthropic or hostile monastery, but this is told more directly in the story, and not so much in the graphics.
It might of course change later in the game, but so far, it is what I mainly miss from the first game. The graphics is just as or perhaps even more beautiful, but it lacks the symbolism or story-telling aspect that we had in the first game.

Another small side note, which I don’t believe that I have noticed before. Everybody seems to be convinced, that after this journey it will be impossible for Kate to simply go home and continue her old life. I tend to agree with them, at least I hope they are right, but I guess that we will have to wait and see.

Mikekelly - 18 August 2015 02:00 AM

One thing about the Syberia adventures is that they are not very difficult. The puzzles are pretty straight forward and logical.

Many have commented that they find the puzzles easy so far, and it is true that the Syberia games are not know for their high difficulty (I nevertheless seems to recall getting stuck twice here in the first part on my original playthrough). But like almost all games does, it starts out on the easy side before gradually ramping up the difficulty - there will be harder puzzles later in the game.

I do recall from when I first played that, in the Bourgoff Brothers’ camp, I looked at some documents on the table and then talked to Igor. This time I talked to Igor first and didn’t get any opportunity to look at the table before Ivan returned and Kate rushed out.

I also seem to recall something similar, but even through I delayed waking up Igor until I had searched everything, I couldn’t find anything of interest at all. Perhaps we are both remembering something that will actually happen a bit later in the game?

P.S. I will delay posting my own favourite screenshots until the very end of this part of the CP.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 19 August 2015 01:03 PM

I also seem to recall something similar, but even through I delayed waking up Igor until I had searched everything, I couldn’t find anything of interest at all. Perhaps we are both remembering something that will actually happen a bit later in the game?

You’re quite right Izno. With your information it was enough to kick-start my memory properly and I can now recall exactly when this will happen which, obviously, I will refrain from posting about for now Innocent

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top