• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#11 (Syberia: The Longest Journey)

Poll: April vs Kate
Total Votes: 22
April Ryan
Kate Walker

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

April Wins!

Score for the record:-
April :10
Kate :08

————————————————-

April Ryan had defeated Zoe Castillo with a flawless win!  at a previous In for The Balance Cage Match.

She had proven to be the best written female character at the TLJ series, but NOW, how far can she keep her victory/feets-firm-as-she-was, inside the ring!, with Kate Walker as her new opponent!

Image Attachments

Sy_The_Longest_Journey.jpg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 02 August 2015 08:06 PM

April Ryan had defeated Zoe Castillo with a flawless win!  at a previous In for The Balance Cage Match.

Hey, hey, hey! Pan

9-0 would have been a flawless victory. 9-4 is not. Wink

Anyway, April Ryan vs. Kate Walker is a tough one. Both are very close together in my book. I’m inclined to call it a draw, but let me think about it some more. I’ll decide later…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

April Ryan : The Raven, The Scorpion, The Waterstiller, A Wave, The Windbringer, The Lady

or

Kate Walker: The Cell Phone Junkie

Easy choice this one Tongue

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

What? You mean:

Kate Walker - pursuer of dreams, defier of conventions, lawyer, mechanic, faithful friend

or

April Ryan - the Dialogue Expositor.

Simple enough for me too! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmm.. though choice:

April Ryan : The Raven, The Scorpion, The Waterstiller, A Wave, The Windbringer, The Lady
  VS.
Kate Walker - pursuer of dreams, defier of conventions, lawyer, mechanic, faithful friend

I think I will vote for: Zoë Maya Castillo Tongue
and as her substitute, I vote for April

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i was stil haven’t given my vote,.. but there goes nothin

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

If it wasn’t for Emo April Ryan in Dreamfall, I would have gone with her, but I will have to go with Kate Walker.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I had to vote for April Ryan as she really didn’t seem to have an option & got on with her journey regardless whereas Kate Walker was in a situation to make a decision & although hers was a noble one it was for herself as much as anyone else! But! A very difficult choice Advie!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ah, fudge it. I was going to go for April Ryan but I couldn’t think of any real positives other than “her journey was longer”. I kept thinking “they changed her in the sequel” and “she’s not Zoë Castillo”.
Stuff Kate Walker didn’t have to contend with, and besides, she got more character development (apart from that sudden 180° jump in Dreamfall for April), imo.

So I’m going to surprise myself and vote Kate Walker.

But this cage match should really be a draw. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I voted for April. While Kate had indeed some serious character development throughout her game (I’m talking only about Syberia 1 of course), April’s character is far more realistic (I’m talking only about TLJ of course) and likeable. April gives me more the idea “She is one of us folks” and I totally aprove that.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kate, one of the strongest female lead in games in general, and i cant point why.
I assume its the overall feeling the world of Syberia had, it had more heart and warmth,
which facilitated Kate and her discovery.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

April all the way for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Grin still almost 24 hours to decide, but i am already thinking of a new volunteer / opponent who could stand a chace against April Tongue

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Advie - 08 August 2015 05:53 PM

Grin still almost 24 hours to decide, but i am already thinking of a new volunteer / opponent who could stand a chace against April Tongue

Let me guess, Victoria McPherson from Still Life ?

PS: I`m with Kate Walker on this one.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The question which now reveals itself.  Is really Aprilthe best written female ag hero in the history of ag’ing

If not!  then who had any chance in beating her.  Ideas.?

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Advie - 10 August 2015 06:20 PM

Is really April the best written female ag hero in the history of ag’ing?

Of course not. She is good as long as we are talking about popular franchizes but not that good.

Susan beats every female adventure game character (or every female game character in any genre for that matter) in terms of writing. By a mile.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top