• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #11 - F.A.C.E.S.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I finished the second part as well. I forgot that we will need to return to the place pictured in the photograph at least one more time.

In the AGSotD I think I alluded to the fact that the military experiments were not going well. We don’t know how long the Asylum has been operating with a skeleton crew. While it would take A LOT longer for the facility to reach this stage of disrepair, it wouldn’t take long at all to reach some stage of disrepair. One day there is nobody left to put out rat traps or to throw out food and Bingo! You have a rodent infestation.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 03 August 2015 06:17 PM

I’m curious to find out why the winged patient needed to be kept in the dark. And I actually dread the hypnotic guy more than the so-called “dangerous” Patient X. It’ll be interesting to see how this continues…

I found the 2nd photo & after exploring outside have returned to the asylum. I haven’t come across any patients other than the winged man - I’ve turned his lights on but so far can only travel between the 3rd floor & the basement. All the buttons on the elevator (except for the ground floor one) are in place but I can’t travel to the other floors just yet. Have I missed some reference to the other patients? My theory about the winged man is that he needs the light to be able to use his levitation powers?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

And I actually dread the hypnotic guy more than the so-called “dangerous” Patient X. It’ll be interesting to see how this continues…

You and me both.

I’m not entirely convinced that all other patients are “good guys”. While I believe that “Patient X” might be more than what the doctors want to reveal, the hypnotic guy sounds….more evil. We will see.

I also found the 2nd photo and finished the section.
I like the music of the game a lot. Does anyone know if its soundtrack is available anywhere for purchase?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2015 03:29 AM

Have I missed some reference to the other patients?

I just loaded the game to read the file info & yes there’s a list of patients & what floors they’re on which I forgot about!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There’s a note that describes which patient is on which floor. You can find it on the darts board in the security room. Wink

Edit: never mind. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 04 August 2015 04:58 AM

There’s a note that describes which patient is on which floor. You can find it on the darts board in the security room. Wink

Edit: never mind. Grin

Thanks Tim, your response was actually helpful as I hadn’t forgotten the note & didn’t even realise that I’d got it after clicking on the dartboard!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I finished the second part. It is starting to get more interesting but I think the story is not really meant to withstand intense scrutiny. Still love the atmosphere and I am just accepting the story for what it is without trying to make everything consistent.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Boy, that’s one rundown facility. I thought secret (militaristic?) operations like this actually had a lot of budget for state-of-the-art equipment? This derelict place looks hazardous even without the paranormally gifted prisoners... Gasp

Part of this is because some of the patients are difficult to subdue and may have caused damage before being confined.  Also, the fact that they were using our character to steal valuable items tells me that this is a very secret project that is not well funded.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have also completed the second part.
Like Tim I had forgotten that we need to visit that place twice, so it came as a rather big surprise to me, when I was suddenly pulled back to the asylum.

I don’t know if I could have explored more of the place before the picture. After the basement and reception area, it just felt natural to go back to the 3rd floor and continue there, so I never tried any of the other buttons.

As for the state of the place, to me the whole thing feels more like a secret project gone rogue. Once upon a time it might have been an official project with government funding and everything, but I imagine it was shut down a long time ago, perhaps even decades ago, and the people involved has just continued on their own, getting increasingly more and more ruthless and criminal like as they went along. And of course with only whatever money they can steal, they can’t afford to actually maintain the place.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Iznogood - 04 August 2015 01:19 PM

I don’t know if I could have explored more of the place before the picture. After the basement and reception area, it just felt natural to go back to the 3rd floor and continue there, so I never tried any of the other buttons.

Other than the reception area, basement and the 3rd floor, I don’t know that there is anything left to explore…yet. You need an elevator button and a fuse for the remaining three floors. I only have 2/3 of the buttons and 0/3 of the fuses. I assume that something will turn up in the next section.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Considering that nearly everyone has finished the second part, I think we’ll start the third part tomorrow rather than Thursday.  Is this acceptable to everyone?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I finished the part too. The story is getting interesting, I’m not really fond of the HO scenes but I don’t terribly mind them either.

I also noticed the music, definitely one of the best things about the game.

The levitating patient seemed like a hottie Tongue. The others seem scarier, but no one deserves to be left there.

We’re slightly in different stages with some things since I haven’t found any elevator buttons or anything.

But ready to go ahead.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve only got one elevator button, so yeah, different stages. Or overlooking things.

I definitely thought things were very linear so far, so I’m probably missing/overlooking something.

And I’m not sure whether I should like the added difficulty of HOGs with flashlights, or not. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have all three buttons Cool

And continuing already tomorrow is fine by me.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 04 August 2015 05:18 PM

And I’m not sure whether I should like the added difficulty of HOGs with flashlights, or not. Tongue

I’ve played several games that use a limited light source for a hidden object scene.  I don’t mind them, but they can be a bit tedious if over used.

Since I may not get on the computer until fairly late tomorrow (Wed.), let me post the next goal now.  This is the next-to-last section of the game.  When you’re ready, search for another photo that will transport you to a different part of the Consultation Center

When you return to the asylum, work to gain access to the remaining floors.  Interact with the next accessible patient and finish as much as you can.  Stop short of opening the first security gate just outside the elevator on the first floor. 

Since everyone is moving along nicely so far (and how can one not with such a helpful guardian angel), try to finish this section by Friday, Aug. 7.

By the way, one of the elevator buttons is hidden in plain sight but is hard to see.  I’ve played the game 3 times now and always overlook it.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top