• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz Announcements

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phlebas - 30 December 2016 06:00 AM

Definitely interested. I’d tend to prefer PM to first-post as it’s frustrating to join in and find all the answers I knew are already gone!

We haven’t had a first-post quiz in a long time, it’s all PM-based nowadays. Plus I thought it would be easier for people to join in the fun when they don’t have to go to all the trouble of PM-ing, but can do one or two guesses rightaway.

But I haven’t made up my mind yet, that’s why I asked how people felt about it.

(of course you’ve probably already used all the ones I’d know as avatars…)

Don’t worry. I used obscure women as my avatar too. Still some familiar faces left.

Some people (presumably very competitive people who are online all the time) evidently prefer first-post though - you could compromise and have a limited number of guesses per day or something?

Yep, limited number each day.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 30 December 2016 09:18 AM

Everything okay? It’s not like you to disappear without a word. Jackal told us you had computer problems, but two months is a long time.

Yeah, laptop battery problems that took SIX friggin’ weeks to repair. Lazy repair people. Probably deemed “not urgent” because it was under warranty (as in: free of cost for me). You don’t want to know how many angry phone calls I had to make.

I had internet access via my smartphone in the meantime, but typing is uncomfortable on that, so it’s not ideal for forums, hence the absence.

I should’ve been back a week sooner, but *everyone* at the house has been stricken with the flu in quick succession (first Lenny, then me, then Zoë, and now the missus), so a lot of my “forum time” has been spent sleeping this week. Tongue

Karlok - 30 December 2016 09:33 AM

But I haven’t made up my mind yet, that’s why I asked how people felt about it.

Like you said: we haven’t had a first-post quiz in a while.

I know most here prefer PM-based (including me), but the first-post format also has its share of fans, so why not cater to them again?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Something a bit different is good for a change. My sense is that a few people who don’t usually participate do go ahead and participate more in first-post quizzes. That’s based on just a scintilla of memory while observing past quizzes, though.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The problem with first post quizzes is time zones. If we all lived in the same geographical area as the quiz giver, it would be fine, but being asleep when the quiz is first posted is a huge disadvantage.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

You can sleep when you know a quiz is about to be posted???

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 December 2016 12:39 PM

The problem with first post quizzes is time zones. If we all lived in the same geographical area as the quiz giver, it would be fine, but being asleep when the quiz is first posted is a huge disadvantage.

Yes & No depending on how much you want to participate! The trick is to try & think ahead!  Laughing

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m going to post my *first-post* quiz tomorrow (= Tuesday 3rd) around 8:00 PM (Time Zone Amsterdam).

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I look forward to it!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Setting my alarm clock!  Tongue

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just want to let all you quizaholics know that it may be a good idea to start sharpening your puzzling skills for an upcoming tournament.  I’ll be posting more details around the first day of spring.  Cool

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 March 2017 06:09 PM

I’ll be posting more details around the first day of spring.  Cool

Southern or northern hemisphere? If you live in New Zealand spring is 6 months away!  Cool

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’ll be autumn for those down under.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 March 2017 06:09 PM

I just want to let all you quizaholics know that it may be a good idea to start sharpening your puzzling skills for an upcoming tournament.

Uh-oh… I’ve been on the wagon for quite a while, I hope I won’t fall off.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m looking forward to your dastardly tournament Lady Kestrel!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ooh, this sounds interesting! Looking forward to it, Lady K!!! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top