• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz Announcements

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

DarkEye - 22 May 2015 02:07 PM

Have you ever heard for a little country called Slovenia?

Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia, Slobovia… Who’d tell them apart?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

zobraks - 22 May 2015 03:44 PM
DarkEye - 22 May 2015 02:07 PM

Have you ever heard for a little country called Slovenia?

Slovenia, Slovakia, Slavonia, Slobovia… Who’d tell them apart?

So True! Cool

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Okay, I’ve scrounged up about 120 screenshots for a given visual theme and was wondering what type of difficulty/size of a quiz you would like me to make from them. As it is, that’s a monstrous number of shots and my theme, for whatever reason, pops up in a lot of obscure games.

I could make a smaller quiz (40-50 shots) with emphasis on the easier games, or I could slam you with the whole thing. Does anyone have a preference?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Why not do 2 or 3 “chapters” of the theme, say 40 per chapter, starting out easy(ish) and getting progressively harder releasing a new “chapter” of the quiz after 3 or 4 days?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 17 June 2015 11:42 AM

Why not do 2 or 3 “chapters” of the theme, say 40 per chapter, starting out easy(ish) and getting progressively harder releasing a new “chapter” of the quiz after 3 or 4 days?

I was thinking the same thing.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If you’re making it a PM quiz D I would prefer to be ‘slammed’ with the whole 120 screenshots if you could perhaps allow a few weeks for the quiz to run. Splitting the quiz up is great for participants who just like to guess the screenshots they know but for a few of us who love to browse it can become repetitive to do that every time new screenshots are presented! Also I have more time some weeks than others!  Smile

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 17 June 2015 12:23 PM

If you’re making it a PM quiz D I would prefer to be ‘slammed’ with the whole 120 screenshots if you could perhaps allow a few weeks for the quiz to run. Splitting the quiz up is great for participants who just like to guess the screenshots they know but for a few of us who love to browse it can become repetitive to do that every time new screenshots are presented! Also I have more time some weeks than others!  Smile

I wasn’t thinking that the answers for each “chapter” should be given at the time of the new “chapter” being released Chrissie. All “chapters” could be left open for the stated length of the quiz which could comfortably be several weeks or whatever D deemed appropriate for him/herself.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod, I wasn’t suggesting the answers being given at the end of each ‘chapter’ just that if you like to browse for screenshots rather than guess the ones you know that you have to re-browse each time a new set of screenshots appear & it’s preferable to browse for the 120 screenshots (or the remainder of the ones you don’t know - in my case probably about a 100!  Laughing ) in one go over time!  Smile

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

In my case Chrissie it would be around 117 given my normal scoring in these quizzes Grin but, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I’m one of those that only answers on ones that I know, or think I know. I really admire the people that put in the effort to give a name to as many as they can possibly find, it’s just not my thing though. However, I bet the quiz compilers much prefer your type of responder to my type as it must make it much more worthwhile for them in setting the quiz.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Hey D!
I would like to see all 120 screenshots at once too. When will quiz start?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’d like to see them all at once because I usually trip over some when looking for others.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 17 June 2015 02:41 PM

However, I bet the quiz compilers much prefer your type of responder to my type as it must make it much more worthwhile for them in setting the quiz.

Hey Jabod, if I set a quiz I very much appreciate those participants like yourself that just like to guess the pics you know as much as other more serious contestants that like to browse so you are just as worthwhile as a responder in my book!  Smile

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

I guess doing the giant screenshot dump is the more popular opinion so I’ll go with that.

The quiz will be PM based, start tomorrow night and end on Monday the 29th. That’s 10 days and includes two full weekends so that should be enough time I think, but I’m certainly open to negotiation on extending it if you feel it isn’t enough.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m working on a different kind of quiz and will post it in the next day or two.  Stay tuned.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I look forward to that Lady Kestrel!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top