• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

1979 - Revolution

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xo2eu_1979-revolution-trailer-greenlight_videogames

Looks great, was waiting for this game since years, created by one of the original creators of GTA.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow this looks amazing. I really like the historic context of the game. I’m pumped about this.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I remember reading about this a while ago, had no idea of its pedigree. Great concept, curious how it turns out.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Great find! It looks like a clasic Telltalesque game to me but historical context makes it much more intriguing.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Interesting that the main character is named Reza, a photojournalist…....

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Yes, but it’s also very common Iranian name. Smile

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

lucebend - 29 July 2015 05:32 AM

Indeed.
And there are other playable characters hinted, the whole draw was to have multiple views of the revolution.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Interesting subject, it`s nice for a change that the story takes place in an Asian country, too much American soil Tongue in adventure games nowadays.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

lucebend - 29 July 2015 05:32 AM

I know…....but my brain relates Reza to Dreamfall.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This game kind of fell off the radar but just saw that it’s being released tomorrow - the 1st episode

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388320/

Should be interesting

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, looks good. Positive reviews too. I’ll give it a try later today.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have to play this, because the curiosity is killing me, why would an Amercian Company to be so interested in 1979 revolution that they risk their market when there are many other topics more interesting to the Amercian culture and people
but again that is not unusual, or the first time, i ve seen Dreamfall and the references to the Azadis; science/magic or religion/liberality with strong even reference to The Actual Azadi Tower at Iran which represent martyrs , not freedom as its given at DF.

i will give my impression once i am done with, i hope they didnt twist ‘much’ facts in the sake of politics

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 07 April 2016 05:01 PM

i have to play this, because the curiosity is killing me, why would an Amercian Company to be so interested in 1979 revolution that they risk their market when there are many other topics more interesting to the Amercian culture and people
but again that is not unusual, or the first time, i ve seen Dreamfall and the references to the Azadis; science/magic or religion/liberality with strong even reference to The Actual Azadi Tower at Iran which represent martyrs , not freedom as its given at DF.

i will give my impression once i am done with, i hope they didnt twist ‘much’ facts in the sake of politics

It’s made by the ex-Remedy/Rockstar employee Navid Khonsari who grew up in Iran when the game takes place. I’m sure you are aware that there are gamers all over the world, not only in America.  Wink

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The game is based on facts, Advie. Names, places, dates, protests, events. It could be described as an edutainment game in the style of Telltale.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Looks very interesting. For now I like the idea that it does not take place in Usa, and it is not about an “American hero” saving the world or that kind of nonsense that we’re so tired. This looks much more original in both its characters and the story. Taking a political event and letting us be part of it, sounds great. We will see.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played it for 35 minutes. Grim. Serious stuff.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top