• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #34: The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

So far I really like it. All of a very high artistic level, at least it is to me, the music is very good too and Susan’s voice is perfect, just damn perfect to describe her mood and what she really feels.

TimovieMan - 07 July 2015 06:28 PM

As for decisions, the only obvious one I’ve made so far is telling Death (?) to sod off. I have a feeling that will come back to bite me, but probably less so than trusting her.

Me too. The first decision was “Death” I felt it is something I would suppose in such situation.  So far this desicion together with some other dialogues are very interesting and they put me on a much more “personal” situation. That is, in other games sometimes I feel that I’m just saying or asking whatever option is available without thinking too much about it, but in this game when the first question arose I stayed a little bit just thinking what I could answer, what I could say.

In this moment I have just try to resist the request of the Queen (I’m sure it is impossible, otherwise there would be no game) But I wonder if this resistance could have an impact in the future. The Queen was very angry at my attitude. I just try to put myself in Susan’s shoes, If someone had asked me something like that I would have said No, something like “You do not understand, after what I have done I’m not interested, I do not care”. I just wanted to know if she had any other form of persuasion.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

This is my second playthrough of this game.  I absolutely love it!

I agree on the opening credits being brilliant.  It really does draw you right in.

Talking with the doctor, I found myself answering the questions as if it were me sitting there.  The charaters just feel so real even though they’re animated the way they are, LOL!  I fell in love with Liz (the nurse) the moment I met her.

I’m already looking forward to the next chapter! Grin

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Nelza - 08 July 2015 02:57 AM

Talking with the doctor, I found myself answering the questions as if it were me sitting there.

I hope you saved when you had the chance. Depending on what options you choose for Susan’s parent background, different beautifully artistic screens are depicted when she tells the story. I know you will want to see all of them.  Naughty

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2015-07-08

PM

New to the forum, so this is a first for me! Installing the game as we speak. Looking forward to playing!  Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished chapter 2. It’s very good so far, probably what I’m enjoying most is the gothic and dark aesthetic.
The game also feels “lynchian” with surrealistic stuff happening at every corner. That whole crazy scene in the theater with the 2 doors, I could some of his movies.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished chapter 2. It’s very good so far, probably what I’m enjoying most is the gothic and dark aesthetic. The game also feels “lynchian” with surrealistic stuff happening at every corner.

Oh, I’ve also finished chapter 2 and felt exactly the same way. The game is just plain scary, with a surreal look that I myself find very compelling. The game has drawn me in so far and I want to know more….........

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

So, to everyone who finished chapter 2, what choices did you made?

Did you agree with the Queen of Maggots?
What did you chose as Susan’s parent background history? I will probably post the screens for every possible scenario in the following days. Some of them are gruesome, but always beautiful.
Did you remember everything Liz told you the day before?
Did you killed the good Dr X, or you simply chose to leave through the exit?
And if you killed him, what weapon did you use the mace or the spearNaughty

Brittasha - 08 July 2015 05:43 PM

New to the forum, so this is a first for me! Installing the game as we speak. Looking forward to playing!  Grin

Welcome to the forums and to the Cat Lady AGCP!!
Hope you enjoy the ride. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 09 July 2015 02:43 AM

So, to everyone who finished the chapter, what choices did you made?

What did you chose as Susan’s parent background history? I will probably post the screens for every possible scenario in the following days. Some of them are gruesome, but always beautiful.
And if you killed him, what weapon did you use the mace or the javelinNaughty

1. Yes
2. Great parents.
3. No, she really talked too much Neutral
4. Killing, didn’t even know you could leave without killing
5. It was a tough decision but mace Tongue

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 09 July 2015 03:37 AM

Yes, if you move to the opposite direction of the corridor compared to Dr X’s position, you’ll find the exit along with the key and Liz’s dead body….If you try to leave, Susan expains her thoughts and puts you in a hard dillema.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I played through the first chapter last night and liked the game very much. I’ll wait to finish the second chapter to start with analyzing though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Sefir - 09 July 2015 05:23 AM
wilco - 09 July 2015 03:37 AM

Yes, if you move to the opposite direction of the corridor compared to Dr X’s position, you’ll find the exit along with the key and Liz’s dead body….If you try to leave, Susan expains her thoughts and puts you in a hard dillema.

—————————————————————————————————————————

But the key is only there if you have answered Liz’s questions correctly Wink

And hello, by the way. It’s great to see the biggest adventure gaming community play The Cat Lady:) I hope you guys enjoy it, and if you have any questions, I will happily provide answers (if I have them!;)).

-Rem

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Rem - 09 July 2015 08:01 AM

And hello, by the way. It’s great to see the biggest adventure gaming community play The Cat Lady:) I hope you guys enjoy it, and if you have any questions, I will happily provide answers (if I have them!;)).

-Rem

Welcome and thank you for your time!!!!

Having you around will be perfect!!! Laughing

There is nothing better than having the creator of the game join us and provide us with useful info and details.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I finished Chapter 2 and I really liked it, can not wait to continue.

Especially I enjoyed the conversations with Dr. X, and my responses to each of his questions (the music during these “sessions” is very suitable (sad and relaxing) allowing me think and imagine Susan’s life and what I should respond.)

I also like to see Susan covered in blood and finally understanding the situation she is undergoing, and her desire for revenge (which is also a sign I think that her “life” is changing). The Queen of maggots at the end was right? So it seems.

By the way, the living paintings. Disturbing and beautiful <3

Sefir - 09 July 2015 02:43 AM

So, to everyone who finished chapter 2, what choices did you made?

And if you killed him, what weapon did you use the mace or the spearNaughty

1.- Nope.
2.- I had a great father, but my mother committed suicide.
3.- Every detail.
4.- I killed him, as Wilco I didn’t know I could leave without killing him, but even if I knew I could make that decision I would have killed him anyway before leaving.
5.- The mace, it seemed to me the most appropriate weapon for the occasion.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2015-07-08

PM

I really have loved the game so far… So much so, that I got right up to chapter 5 last night. Only thing is, I could not work out how to save the game?? There were no options anywhere, I tried to press escape, the s button, everything I could think of. There is no menu button anywhere that I saw? The only way I could shut the game down was to CTRL + Delete.

I have lost everything. Angry  Angry  I’m not starting again until I know how to save it. lol! I’m guessing it was something simple that I was missing Meh  Grin

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Brittasha - 09 July 2015 05:09 PM

I really have loved the game so far… So much so, that I got right up to chapter 5 last night.

Pan  Pan  Pan

Well, the point is that in a COMMUNITY playthrough, we are all moving with a specific pace. The end of Chapter 2 was where all participants should have gone until the 14th of July. No more. 2 chapters per week as I specifically said in the introductory post. It is really sad that you have chosen to go solo instead of waiting all of us to play the game together.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top