• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

lakerz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any news of Bracken Tor or The Last Crown?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-08-02

PM

chsmt - 03 August 2016 02:27 PM

Jonathan Boakes’ games are “right up my street” and The Lost Crown is my favourite adventure game ever.  We all know that things can happen in game development but this really is getting silly now.  Every statement he’s made over the last several years about the next game’s progress has turned out to be wrong and I do feel that he isn’t able to say “that’s it, this game is finished, any other ideas will be for another game”.  Midnight Horror was clearly just an out-take and the bottom line is that he hasn’t released a full game since Dark Fall 3 in 2009.  His Twitter and blog have seen no updates for several months now.  As a lover of his games I hate to sound so negative, but you can only stretch people’s patience so far, and I just wish he’d say something, anything, which turns out to be true for once.

Completely agree. Like I said in a previous post, last Halloween he gave the impression the game was done and wasn’t released due to commercial reasons. What changed betwee then and now? I think he should perhaps think about taking an intense course on project management or I fear this game may never be released.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Maybe there’s a connection between not taking management courses and making good adventure games.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

I’ve directly tweeted him, sent a Faceache® message and shy of travelling four thousand thousand miles to his front door even directly e-mailed him (has email from previous correspondence) and got nary a whisper since he went dark.  This does not bode well.

The planchette and the Ouija board may be next… /s

Confused

edit:  I sound slightly stalkerish…?  I promise I’m just bored.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Let’s make this a challenge. I had The Last Crown on my wish list in 2012 because it would be released that year. I bet he can make us wait four years longer. Let’s come back here in 2020 and see that nothing has changed, shall we?

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

tsa - 17 August 2016 11:26 AM

Let’s make this a challenge. I had The Last Crown on my wish list in 2012 because it would be released that year. I bet he can make us wait four years longer. Let’s come back here in 2020 and see that nothing has changed, shall we?

Crap.  I’ll still buy it though…

Confused

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Takes me back to 2010, when I pre-ordered Bracken Tor…
Fond memories.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I for one am certainly looking forward to downing my knitting needles and wheeling up to my personal computer in 2050 to boot up Bracken Tor for the first time, with a nice cup of tea.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 19 August 2016 03:28 AM

I for one am certainly looking forward to downing my knitting needles and wheeling up to my personal computer in 2050 to boot up Bracken Tor for the first time, with a nice cup of tea.

I’ll be 102 years old in 2050. Smile The bad news is that personal computers won’t be around anymore. Maybe virtual reality will still be available for senior citizens who haven’t kept up with the latest gadgets…?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Let’s first wait until 2020 for The Last Crown then Smile. But I think Bracken Tor in 2050 is a realistic although a little optimistic estimation. I’d love to be around to play it by then! There will definitely be no petrol stations in that one! Unless it’s set in the past of course Smile.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

Bump. We’re only a month and a half away from Halloween. Mr. Boakes??

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Karlok - 20 August 2016 08:13 AM
Oscar - 19 August 2016 03:28 AM

I’ll be 102 years old in 2050. Smile The bad news is that personal computers won’t be around anymore. Maybe virtual reality will still be available for senior citizens who haven’t kept up with the latest gadgets…?

I’m not sure I’d cope with a Boakes game in VR. Brrrrr.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-08-02

PM

Terabin - 15 September 2016 01:50 AM

Bump. We’re only a month and a half away from Halloween. Mr. Boakes??

It won’t be released around Halloween based on his comments from last year, so I’m afraid Christmas is probably the best we can hope for.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Boakes seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, no sign of him anywhere, no tweets, facebook messages, nothing. Worrying.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Worrying indeed. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

It’s alive!

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.boakes

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top