• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Story

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Maybe they agreed that with the alibi trick it would be impossible for Hannah to be arrested or prosecuted. Maybe the twins at some point decided to switch roles where Eve got to lead an easier lifestyle but Hannah would disappear.
In the end, it was Eve that was pregnant and not Hannah so it would make things work out for the better.

I put a little more weight on the confession that takes place in the last interview after the polygram test. It seems to me that things didn’t go as planned and with Hannah having disappeared it was easier for Eve to lay all cards on the table.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just got the game and started playing it. So far, I find the game very interesting and quite different.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Very original game. I was hooked and kept playing it until the end in one session. I kind of wish they wouldn’t leave things so open but not a big problem. Also the desktop could have more stuff to interact Smile

I jumped the first time Sarah reflection came out of nowhere

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 01 July 2015 09:50 PM

Very original game. I was hooked and kept playing it until the end in one session. I kind of wish they wouldn’t leave things so open but not a big problem. Also the desktop could have more stuff to interact Smile

I jumped the first time Sarah reflection came out of nowhere

aw now i kind of wish i didnt turn the glare off. It just seemed kind of annoying and i saw the option at the beginning so i turned it off.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Been reading the comments here. About the twins, split personality thories I also like to favour the twins and I think most/a lot things point to that but I remember 3 things don’t support that:

1 - The wholel story of a 8 year going to live the attic of another 8 year old without anyone knowing

2 - No report of anyone seeing them together despite they living together, but that could be hannah/Eve just avoiding talking about that

3 - In the ending the person in the chat SB (Sam Barlow?) says something like “Do you now know why your mother did what she did?”. Is he/she talking about Eve? But Eve is not the killer, what at they referring to?

Another thing that was kind of left unanswered - It was heavily hinted the parents were not killed in an accident since he was supposedly a mushroom expert. I think the creator was just leaving some hints for the player to think Eve did it for Hannah to go live there but I don’t think that was ever explained.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

ad 3: Assuming they are twins, Eve must be Sarah’s mother. In the last interview she betrays her twin to the police, maybe that’s what SD is referring to? Pure conjecture of course.

PS: It struck me as funny that Eve (in red) at one point throws up at 09:00 PM and says it’s morning sickness.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 02 July 2015 05:33 AM

ad 3: Assuming they are twins, Eve must be Sarah’s mother. In the last interview she betrays her twin to the police, maybe that’s what SD is referring to? Pure conjecture of course.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wish they wouldn’t be so vague.

Karlok - 02 July 2015 05:33 AM

PS: It struck me as funny that Eve (in red) at one point throws up at 09:00 PM and says it’s morning sickness.

Nice catch, didn’t think of that Smile I think that was the video that I started getting the twist. Saw her vomiting, and of course, nauseous is always pregnacy in movies/games/whatever Shifty Eyed , so my next searches were related to that and things unfolded from there

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 July 2015 03:57 AM

Been reading the comments here. About the twins, split personality thories I also like to favour the twins and I think most/a lot things point to that but I remember 3 things don’t support that:

1 - The wholel story of a 8 year going to live the attic of another 8 year old without anyone knowing

2 - No report of anyone seeing them together despite they living together, but that could be hannah/Eve just avoiding talking about that

3 - In the ending the person in the chat SB (Sam Barlow?) says something like “Do you now know why your mother did what she did?”. Is he/she talking about Eve? But Eve is not the killer, what at they referring to?

Another thing that was kind of left unanswered - It was heavily hinted the parents were not killed in an accident since he was supposedly a mushroom expert. I think the creator was just leaving some hints for the player to think Eve did it for Hannah to go live there but I don’t think that was ever explained.

Three words,
reflection, rapunzel and infertile videos pretty much confirm that she started having these apparitions compounded with her fairytale fixation to make her completely schizophrenic

What are the motivations of player searching database , how it syncs with the narrative?

Its a great concept, and would love games in the same vein but more darker and with multiple characters, wont mind one character pulling off Rust chole type philosophies, and some other cast of eccentric characters as a part of big complex plot.
Now that mystery would be amazing to solve.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 July 2015 01:37 PM

Its a great concept, and would love games in the same vein but more darker and with multiple characters, wont mind one character pulling off Rust chole type philosophies, and some other cast of eccentric characters as a part of big complex plot.
Now that mystery would be amazing to solve.

I thought that, gameplay has potential and there is possibility of a more ambitious narrative. This looks like is was done in a really small budget but if successful it could lead to bigger stuff.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This is making rounds,
http://s7.postimg.org/brwuycvcb/Her_Story.png
Gives credence to my theory.
fight club
Tongue

I dont know why people on interwebz are going extra nuts over the plot.
Its nothing compared to many asian psychological thrillers.
But anyway good for Sam, he atleast pushing the narrative medium in different ways with
good enough writing.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 02 July 2015 03:55 PM

This is making rounds,
http://s7.postimg.org/brwuycvcb/Her_Story.png
Gives credence to my theory.
fight club
Tongue

I dont know why people on interwebz are going extra nuts over the plot.
Its nothing compared to many asian psychological thrillers.
But anyway good for Sam, he atleast pushing the narrative medium in different ways with
good enough writing.

I honestly don’t see how it creates credence to that theory.
The title was already singular, and it still is. Nothing really changed

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

To me the twin theory never seemed more plausible than a split personality, especially since Eve was using wigs to ‘differentiate herself’, but to me that just makes it easier for Hannah to pretend to be someone else. Also hiding a twin only works in movies like the prestige Tongue

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The writing in this game is great since it really makes the story open for debate.

The fact that she fails the lie detector test regarding her name is the most glaring piece of evidence according to me.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Henke - 04 July 2015 09:14 PM

The writing in this game is great since it really makes the story open for debate.

The fact that she fails the lie detector test regarding her name is the most glaring piece of evidence according to me.

id have to disagree there since lie detectors are notoriously unreliable, especially with someone who has a disorder that believes what they are saying..
But i do still agree on the twins being real.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Henke - 04 July 2015 09:14 PM

People with MPD can trick lie detector, they just swap their identity at that moment. It was already explored in TV series, cant tell the series name as its Spoilerific twist, but if you want i can

Smile

you cannot be illusive for people around you no matter what in your childhood, if you are two separate entities or twins, Detectives can alwsys find a clue, so that actually builds a context to know her story as that could have never happened, a scenario that any detective can retrack

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top