• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anna’s Quest

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lakshmi - 05 July 2015 02:40 PM
Tad - 04 July 2015 05:49 PM

Maybe the only obscure one being the Swan Prince, but I did work that out eventually.

Could you please tell me, how you did it? I sit here since yesterday night and I neither can solve the problem with the swan prince, nor the problem with the owl…

You have work the order of the poses of prince with the sword so he can cut the swan head.
If I remember correctly you first you have to make him change the hand of the sword, then lower the sword, then strike the winning pose to sword goes back and cuts the head. Something like that

The owl puzzle you can only solve after this one since the swan body is needed

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-07-05

PM

Yay thank you very much! I’ll try!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, it’s not a bad puzzle, just a bit off. I had actually thought that was solution, but I couldn’t get him to do it despite try multiple times. I ended up wandering for a while before trying again and he did it straight away then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i just want to say i love the concept for chapter 6 Smile
This really has been a great game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 05 July 2015 09:48 PM

i just want to say i love the concept for chapter 6 Smile
This really has been a great game.

It was a surprising chapter, reminded me of Harry Potter when he goes en Snape memories of school.
The concept of magic vs science that showed up at the end was also interesting.

I hope they have a sequel, although the story felt complete I want to see more of the world.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

just finished. very good. slightly abrupt ending, but then it felt like it couldv ended at the end of chapter 5 and then it kept going for a while. What felt abrupt is all this build up over redeeming the witch, and then nothing. Im still not even exactly sure what was tearing the castle apart….. Still as far as abrupt endings go iv seen much worse. Excellent game.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Winfriede was tearing it apart using magic as Anna and her sister had destroyed her plans. The plans she had made since she her wryth was said. I kind of felt sorry for her, but the horrible thing was, she went a long with it. Her sister wanted to help her and so did Anna, but her obsession with getting rid of her wryth made it a reality.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Hey everyone - designer/director Dane Krams here ^^ long time no post from me in these forums (I used to be in here all the time, but kind of got slack with that once I started making Anna’s quest full time, hence the slightly strange username). Just wanted to say it makes me so, so happy to read how much you guys have enjoyed it! Indescribably happy! And picking up on all the little nods to adventures past of course. Even though some didn’t seem to be as big fans of King’s Quest, it’s most definitely a huge influence on this game as people have rightfully pointed out. Even the title is a huge nod to Sierra!

Anyway, starting to babble now. Thanks again everyone! For both playing and sharing your experience here. If you happen to have any questions I’ll make an effort to pop back in and answer them too Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ohh, hi. Love the game and as I said earlier, it’s up there as one of the best adventures this year for me. If you don’t mind, I do have a few questions.

Was the story always going to be like this even during your first design using AGS and the episodic format?
Just out of curiosity, how come Ben’s voice was recasted? I liked either, but just wondering.
And last, but not at all least, Is Anna’s Quest 2 going to happen? Smile

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Cool, hi! I was also wondering if I was correctly detecting some influence from QFG4… Or maybe it’s just that scene in qfg4 where the old man ghost says “Anna? Have you seen my Anna?” :p and maybe also because of the rusalka Smile but something about it reminded me of Mordavia and I loved that.
I think the 3rd chapter was my favorite, but every chapter had great exploration and a sense of wonder. Great job!

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Tad - once I’d started to develop it into what was essentially Volume 1 (the AGS release), I knew the spine of where it was going, the key plot points and how it would end. It wasn’t until Daedalic signed me up following the release though that I knuckled down and detailed all the chapters in a design doc Smile
As for Anna’s Quest 2 - the short is quite simply, it depends on it’s success. It has been discussed, there’s a lot of love for it at Daedalic, and I have heaps of ideas for it, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

zane - thanks so much! I’m going to disappoint you but, the QFG series is really one I’ve neglected! I’m sorry! It’s funny, I always saw the boxes in stores as a kid and loved the art, I was always so intrigued by them but, somewhere along the way they slipped by me. Thanks for playing though Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 07 July 2015 07:39 AM

And last, but not at all least, Is Anna’s Quest 2 going to happen? Smile

This is also my question, if there are any plans for another game and how would it work. I think it would be cool seeing Anna growing up and more on the story of her family. Probably too soon to talk about this. Smile

And congratulations on an excelent adventure. My favorite chapter was probably 4 with all the stuff in hell? The devil was a great character.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Sughly - 07 July 2015 08:45 AM

zane - thanks so much! I’m going to disappoint you but, the QFG series is really one I’ve neglected! I’m sorry! It’s funny, I always saw the boxes in stores as a kid and loved the art, I was always so intrigued by them but, somewhere along the way they slipped by me. Thanks for playing though Smile

No disappointment Smile
It’s just a similar vein of folklore and that’s really cool. I also liked how the game weaves in and out of fairy tales without feeling tied down to them.

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Hey wilco - I’m SO glad you liked that chapter! I had a lot of love for it when I wrote it, and I spent a long time trying to make sure the feeling I had in my head for it translated on screen. Also the voice actor went a long way to making him so likeable - Nicholas Andrew Louie is a star in the making, and my secret weapon for the game ^^

Thanks so much for your comments!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I also want to say I think my favorite voice performance in the game was young Winnie. It was just perfect as a sarcastic mischievous child, and let’s the player empathize with her before she goes bad.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top