• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 27 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

There are days when I know what game I’m going to be doing but I have trouble picking a single scene, but ever since I embarked on King’s Quest Friday a month and a half ago I’ve known I wanted to have this iconic scene for KQ6.

Apart from the graphics, which are even more inferior to KQ5’s than I remembered (although the present scene is OK I guess), there are lots and lots of things I could praise this game for, most of which are probably related to Roberta Williams’s decision to have Jane Jensen run the show (Chris Braymen’s fantastic soundtrack should be noted too).

The thing that strikes me most about the game (and that I had never given too much thought to before) I how cohesive the world is. Yes, one minute you’re in Arabian Nights and the next in Alice in Wonderland, but each island is very consistent and you can believe that it’s a real place, that it developed its own culture over the centuries and then at some point a (fragile) political union was formed between these islands without destroying the individual cultures. It feels like, for the first time, someone is taking the world seriously and trying to make it a real, believable place rather than a random hodgepodge of fairytale elements serving as a backdrop to the puzzles. I hate that TSL was unable to move out from under KQ6’s shadow, but it’s true that the Green Isles is the only KQ world you’d want to revisit, because it’s the only one that feels real.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Classic scene. KQ6 is easily the best KQ game. I like to think of it as the passing of the torch for queen of adventure gaming from Roberta to Jane.

My brothers and I loved whenever you died in this game because you had that little scene with Alex giving his ticket to the dead and entering the underworld.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

KQ6 is an amazing game, though I still prefer KQ5 ;-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top