• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 24 May 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LET’S PLAY TOGETHER - Week Special

This week Chrissie and I will be looking at some of the many interesting community playthroughs we’ve had. They’re fun and you often learn a lot about the game, like technical and background info or things you missed. I’ll start with The Lost Crown, the ghost adventure. The screenshot was stolen copied from the CP.

I was blown away by TLC the first time I played it. A huge world to explore. Wonderful spooky atmosphere. It doesn’t really matter that it’s a flawed game. So many intriguing details, which triggered heated discussions at various adventure forums at the time. Many people were certain there was a pattern we didn’t see, a theory to explain the loose ends. Where did the mysterious Hadden fit in, what’s with the wheelchair, is everybody a ghost, etcetera? 

PS: Jonathan Boakes dropped in when the playthrough was near its end.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 24 May 2015 11:51 AM

PS: Jonathan Boakes dropped in when the playthrough was near its end.

Cool! I didn’t know. I’ll add it to the list. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You also didn’t know that Vincent Carrella made a special guest appearance in one of the best playthroughs here.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, but Vincent didn’t come back to answer our questions. Frown

Timovieman, you also didn’t know that Russian developer Yaroslav Kemnits made an appearance in GAG, another great community playthrough.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 24 May 2015 03:54 PM

Doesn’t really count as a special appearance then.

Timovieman, you also didn’t know that Russian developer Yaroslav Kemnits made an appearance in GAG, another great community playthrough.

Added.

Any others? Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 24 May 2015 04:33 PM
Karlok - 24 May 2015 03:54 PM

Doesn’t really count as a special appearance then.

Great. What does his appearance count as then?
Should we all forget that the man showed up (although he wasn’t obliged to do so)?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 24 May 2015 04:45 PM

Cameo. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nice one.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 24 May 2015 04:45 PM

Should we all forget that the man showed up (although he wasn’t obliged to do so)?

At least the others answered some questions or made a serious contribution. This amounted to little more than just “Hi!”. Meh

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

So, (according to you) it just happens every day that game authors visit Internet forums and take part (however small part) in game playthroughs there? I don’t think so, and I think that any such appearance is worth noticing and noting (if not thanking).
But that’s only me.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

According to me, it added nothing to the playthrough, and as such isn’t worth mentioning. “The dev gave some insights” is interesting. “The dev said ‘Hi!’” isn’t. I’m not saying it’s not nice or even cool of him to do so, I just don’t think it’s terribly noteworthy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top