• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGs becoming recognised within mainstream journalism?

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

The Daily Telegraph (UK) listed 10 video games to play over the UK Bank Holiday weekend and I was pleasantly surprised to find 3 AGs amongst them. Sunset, Ether One and Life is Strange being the 3 (Full list here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-news/11623588/10-best-video-games-for-the-bank-holiday.html). Whilst it could be argued that these 3 are, to an extent, AG crossover games, it’s nice for the genre to be taking a third of the list.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Only Ether One of the three i played, so i can’t see much through the reviewer taste, but I can claim that interactive novels was his/her influence while including AGs.

Also early last month there was an article at PCGAMERS (my first computer magazine love) about best classics that should be played again, and 4 AGs came up out of the 15 mentioned.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

These last couple of years we’ve pretty much established that we still have a core of fans that make us a viable niche, and that we can occasionally achieve mainstream success.
This has dropped the air of “AG is dead” that surrounded our genre for years, so yeah, while not being mainstream, at least we’re recognized as a niche again.

Good times, imo. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Those three games look very modern and polished too. Something you can show off in a list like this. Adventure is doing well.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top