• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zak McKracken BTaS download issues

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I’ve been trying to download and install the new Zak fan made game but have run into problems, and I’m not really sure the contact form on McKracken.net really goes anywhere. I used the download link from their website using PeaZip, and extracted the files to a new Zak folder on my desktop, then launched the installer from that folder. After completion, I tried to launch the game but got an error, shown in the photo below.

Anyone else run into issues with this download and/or launching the game? I’m using Vista 64 Home Premium, and have a pretty good rig, so it more than meets the game requirements.

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Hi, I’m Marvel from the team that created Zak McKracken between time and space. Smile

I have a few questions:
1) Did you install the latest drivers of your graphic card?
2) Does our destination folder has any unusual characters?

Best,
Marvel

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Hi Marvel,

Yes, my video drivers are up to date. I rechecked them just today. Not sure what you mean by “unusual characters”, but I have uploaded a screen capture of the destination folder for your viewing pleasure.

I’d be happy to PM you with a dxdiag report if you think it might help. I’d really love to play your game….the original ZM was a blast!

Image Attachments

Zak_destination_folder.jpg

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Hi Mike,
It seems that your screen is set to 16bit instead of 32bit and this unusual setting is the reason. Smile Please check it out!

Best
Marvel

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Marvel, you are SO right. It was the color depth setting for 16 bit instead of 32 bit, which I have never even thought about looking at, let alone changing. It must have defaulted to that setting when I installed my new video card last year.

Works like a charm now!  Thumbs Up

Thanks!  Mike (the Wino)

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Haha… great Mike. Have fun with the game!! Smile And please spread the word for Oak Island! We’re already at 77% and need to blow the hundred! Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top