• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

OAK ISLAND - Some Treasures Are Best Left Buried

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I’d really like to support this campaign, but I can’t even get the Zak McKracken BTAS game to work on my more than adequate machine so how would I know if Oak Island would function on it either? It’s a deal breaker for me…. Embarassed

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Hi Mike,
usually this is a problem of the graphic device or the OS. That means…

A) Old drivers
B) Wrong Settings (Color Depth set to 16bit)
C) Too old OS (like Windows XP)

Please check it out Smile

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Marvel, you are SO right. It was the color depth setting for 16 bit instead of 32 bit, which I have never even thought about looking at, let alone changing. It must have defaulted to that setting when I installed my new video card last year.

Works like a charm now, so it’s time to go support your KS!  Thumbs Up

Thanks!  Mike (the Wino)

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

You’re pretty welcome! Smile

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

80% funded now people, come help take it to 90%!

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Now at 90%, last 10% wooo!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Clicking on this topic I’m slightly disappointed the game is not about Gary “motherfucking” Oak and his own private island.

That said, the game looks awesome!

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Thanks Kasper, appreciate it…. and there are great news: We’ve just reached the first funding goal!! Smile

Thank you to everyone who participated!!! Smile We’re happy!

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

I am still clueless how you guys managed to pull off a high production, retail product like Zak 2 without a budget. Major brownie points to all the development team.

I encourage everyone to support Oak Island. These guys deliver AAA-worthy products in their spare time on no money. The kickstarter asking price is extremely generous given the enormity and quality of the content.

I would have liked the pitch video to better clarify that the game is based on a true story. I’ve never heard of Oak Island until now, and the mystery seems really fascinating.

Also the historic playable character comes across as a bit bland. Could have been more interesting to play as the kid from 1795. But that is probably due to the nature or restriction of the pitch.

Keep up the great work.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-03-01

PM

paypal now available btw: http://www.oakisland-game.com

just spent 15 euro. the game looks nice and they already got some good reputation from zak 2 and their visionaire-engine, so i guess they won’t screw it up.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BlackJack - 19 May 2015 10:44 PM

I am still clueless how you guys managed to pull off a high production, retail product like Zak 2 without a budget. Major brownie points to all the development team.

I encourage everyone to support Oak Island. These guys deliver AAA-worthy products in their spare time on no money. The kickstarter asking price is extremely generous given the enormity and quality of the content.

strong words, I haven’t played Zak 2 but this approach is even better than The Silent Age, releasing good material like this for free, and then pushing a Kickstarter or Donation, is always gonna be the best reliable approach for successful crowdfund .

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

BlackJack - 19 May 2015 10:44 PM

Thanks BlackJack, we really appreciate that. Smile

To make Oak Island THAT great adventure game we’ve planned, we need YOUR help. We’d be very happy for your support on kickstarter or paypal. Heart Eyes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/visionaire-studio/oak-island-some-treasures-are-best-left-buried

http://www.oakisland-game.com

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

Have you guys reached out to Richard Cobbett? Zak 2 is something he would write about and you may get a shout out for Oak Island too.

Joined 2005-05-09

PM

Thanks, Blackjack. I’m going to write Richard! Smile

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/visionaire-studio/oak-island-some-treasures-are-best-left-buried

Image Attachments

reach-out-gamerforum.jpg

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

Good approach. His personal website is very popular. Let him know that Zak 2 has strong German press coverage, official support from David Fox and so on.

Want to see Oak Island reach 40k!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top