• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 27 April 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Echoes of the Past (2015), not to be confused with the Casual Game series, is a full length Freeware 3rd person perspective adventure game (up to 10 hours of game-play) released earlier this month on April 15th.

The story focuses on art & antique restorer Allyson Tremonte being led to Egypt along with her business partner Kyle on investigating a brooch that comes her way.
As much as I’ve loved immersing into the world of Egypt in many previous games I just thought oh no not Egypt again! However I found the experience in this game to be a delightful fresh approach to the theme!

The game is very competently produced, I very much liked the art-work & I enjoyed the assortment of inventory & interesting stand-alone puzzles. Also I loved the story & especially found the rapport between Allyson & Kyle intriguing with both characters portrayed as very attractive ‘modern’ people but did cringe at some of the comments made by ‘womaniser’ Kyle in places!
The only major downside of this game is that it’s not voiced & I didn’t mind as the dialogue was quite expressive but couldn’t help thinking that this very good game would have been most excellent with some superb voice-acting!

Thank you Sir Beardalot for your very kind recommendation thinking I might like the game - I LOVED IT! & I’m very much hoping that developer Anne Hemenway may make a sequel starring those two very engaging characters!

N.B. I’ve just realised that I’m an hour ahead where I am so the screenshot’s a bit early! Laughing

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Thanks for the tip!  This sounds like my kind of game; just finished downloading it.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Thanks for this Chrissie (plus the fearsomely follicaly faced one of course).

Just got to Merryfield Memorial Park and I’m quite enjoying it apart from 2 things:

1. Whoever wrote the dialogue should understand the difference between have and of

2. Trying to use the magnifying glass on the brooch was problematic as you had to be very precise in clicking the ok button to be able to use the glass on the brooch. Took quite a number of goes to do that.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I’m glad to have been able to introduce such a great game! I posted to Anne about this thread and she is very grateful Smile Thank you chrissie for spreading the adventure!!!

P.S. I too hope to see another adventure with Allyson and Kyle!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 26 April 2015 07:53 PM

As much as I’ve loved immersing into the world of Egypt in many previous games I just thought oh no not Egypt again!

well i find this quote so drawing to my attention (sorry not the game), as i would always withdraw myself from any game that is pushing ‘ancient’ Egyptian culture as a main theme, actually i never played an adventure strictly with the word Egypt, Pharaoh ...etc sticking out of it.
i really don’t know why, but i am more drawn to games that take place in future until modern days, maybe because i hate history..

i still have Egypt II, but never tried, maybe out of curiosity i would do someday.

Sorry if this is irrelevant Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 30 April 2015 05:15 PM
chrissie - 26 April 2015 07:53 PM

As much as I’ve loved immersing into the world of Egypt in many previous games I just thought oh no not Egypt again!

well i find this quote so drawing to my attention (sorry not the game), as i would always withdraw myself from any game that is pushing ‘ancient’ Egyptian culture as a main theme, actually i never played an adventure strictly with the word Egypt, Pharaoh ...etc sticking out of it.
i really don’t know why, but i am more drawn to games that take place in future until modern days, maybe because i hate history..

i still have Egypt II, but never tried, maybe out of curiosity i would do someday.

Sorry if this is irrelevant Smile

Oh Advie, are you saying that you don’t embrace the rich interesting history of the country you live in?
Actually the game is set in the present & it’s not until later on that you visit a humorously advertised camel lot, ‘a harem’  & 2 temples beautifully illustrated in the various chambers but with a very good fictional artistic realisation of them rather than the real thing which worked for me!   

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top