• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 25 April 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

‘LET’S WORK TOGETHER’ - Week Special

Mr. Twig, Mr. Lantern, Mr. Poppyhead, Mr. Feather, and Mrs. Mushroom pulling their weight to get hold of a key in Botanicula, another favorite of mine.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I recently replayed this excellent game in my tablet (great version btw) along with my 10-year old nephew. He was totally overwhelmed. Introducing him to the adventure gaming was one of my best experiences as a gamer and for that I am grateful to Amanita for designing the perfect game/world to do so.

Thus far, we played together Botanicula, Machinarium and Gomo. Are there any other titles out there suitable for these ages (around 10 years old) that don’t require the knowledge of English (or any other) language?

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Have you played Amanita’s Samorost games? Lilly Looking Through might be suitable, but it’s mostly puzzles, not much story. Or perhaps Journey of a Roach.

Problem is, your nephew has already played the best ones.

PS: Unmechanical is another puzzle game.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Botanicula is a delight to play.  I love the music, the sounds, and all the different locations, and it was fun seeing what each character had to contribute.  It took me several repeats to defeat the dark forces near the end, but since mistakes just result in a redo of that section and the moves are easily learned, I enjoyed working through it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got completely hooked on Botanicula & played it a few times, yes it is a delightful game, but alas I still didn’t find all of the cards!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Botanicula is a wonderful and charming game. It gives a warm fuzzy feeling every time you play it Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top