• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 24 April 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

‘LET’S WORK TOGETHER’ - Week Special

Apart from engaging stories & witty dialogue brought to life with wonderful voice-acting a notable feature of all of the Blackwell series of games is the facility to switch between playing as either a person with a physical presence who can talk to people, pick up stuff etc or as a ghost who can do no more than pass through walls & doors into otherwise inaccessible areas to observe surroundings, read information & communicate with other ghosts.
The games make good use of the different abilities of the two protagonists, who in most of them are ‘medium’ Rosangela Blackwell & ‘deceased’ spirit guide Joey, in order to investigate & solve the problems of restless spirits.
I could have presented a screenshot from any of the games but Blackwell Unbound, 3rd in the series, is unusual in that set in 1973 it is a prequel to the others & focuses on the collaboration between Joey & Rosa’s aunt Lauren.   

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Great series of games and great choice of a game from the series (although Unbound is 2nd rather than 3rd, unless you’re going hardcore and counting Bestowers of Eternity in there! Wink)

Although the graphics in Unbound aren’t up to the standard of the others, and it is shorter too, the character of Lauren is brilliant and it is a lovely little game with a main character who is dealing with some interesting emotions. The relationship between Joey and Lauren is somehow very real and touching.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Intense Degree - 24 April 2015 09:29 AM

Great series of games and great choice of a game from the series (although Unbound is 2nd rather than 3rd, unless you’re going hardcore and counting Bestowers of Eternity in there! Wink)

Laughing Yes indeed it’s the 2nd in the Blackwell series but I was picked up in an earlier AGSotD for not including Bestowers of Eternity in the series so I thought I’d call it the 3rd - sometimes you just can’t win! Laughing

Intense Degree - 24 April 2015 09:29 AM

Although the graphics in Unbound aren’t up to the standard of the others, and it is shorter too, the character of Lauren is brilliant and it is a lovely little game with a main character who is dealing with some interesting emotions. The relationship between Joey and Lauren is somehow very real and touching.

It’s a long time since I played it but I do remember finding Lauren an interesting character & her reluctance of being a medium eventually sending her mad very sad!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This was my least favorite of the blackwell series. It felt like a side project for the main game series.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 24 April 2015 09:16 AM

or as a ghost who can do no more than pass through walls & doors into otherwise inaccessible areas to observe surroundings, read information & communicate with other ghosts.

And Blow on Stuff, you forgot that he can also blow on stuff Wink (and use his tie, lets not forget the tie)

Anyway I’m a big fan of the series, and one of the things that make it special, is that you always have to use both characters in cooperation to solve puzzles.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top