• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

James plays - Life is Strange (looking for feedback)

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

Hey everyone i started a new let’s play on Life Is Strange, a new episodic adventure game and would like to share it here to get any constructive feedback, thanks! Smile

Life is Strange playlist:
http://bit.ly/1DPlNPm

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I stopped watching after the first sentence, when you go “so it’s like a mix of drama and fucking sci-fi bullshit and crap like that”.

Not that I got anything against swearing per se, it can definitely be a handy tool in certain situations. Scientific studies even claim that words of profanity can help relieve stress and pain Smile I mean no disrespect, but when you open the video with language like that, to me, it sounds like a teenager trying a little too hard to be cool and I don’t find that particularly appealing. I think people would take your videos more seriously if you used a bit more mature language. At least I would.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

Dag - 19 April 2015 11:22 AM

I stopped watching after the first sentence, when you go “so it’s like a mix of drama and fucking sci-fi bullshit and crap like that”.

Not that I got anything against swearing per se, it can definitely be a handy tool in certain situations. Scientific studies even claim that words of profanity can help relieve stress and pain Smile I mean no disrespect, but when you open the video with language like that, to me, it sounds like a teenager trying a little too hard to be cool and I don’t find that particularly appealing. I think people would take your videos more seriously if you used a bit more mature language. At least I would.

Thanks for that, i know sometimes i do swear a bit too much at times XD no idea why it’s just how i speak i guess -_- but yeah i know my videos won’t be for everyone, thank you for the feedback it’s much appreciated Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have to echo what Dag said. You sound like a teenager trying to be cool. If that is the kind of crowd you are looking for, you are in the wrong forum.

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

SoccerDude28 - 19 April 2015 08:23 PM

I have to echo what Dag said. You sound like a teenager trying to be cool. If that is the kind of crowd you are looking for, you are in the wrong forum.

That’s fine, once again i will take that into consideration - thanks for the feedback Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I don’t really mind about cursing but “scifi bullshit”? No. No no.
Scifi is the awesome of this world and I don’t care if it’s the most ludicrous pseudo scifi out there, it is not bullshit. I might call things “shit” as in “teh shit” or just “stuff” but bullshit can’t be used positively or neutrally like that.

Anyway, I’m not being 100% serious here. I did laugh watching the combat with the controls. But I don’t really follow ‘let’s plays’. I rather just play the games myself, and I hate spoilers, so I definitely don’t check the stuff out beforehand.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

millenia - 20 April 2015 03:39 AM

I don’t really mind about cursing but “scifi bullshit”? No. No no.
Scifi is the awesome of this world and I don’t care if it’s the most ludicrous pseudo scifi out there, it is not bullshit. I might call things “shit” as in “teh shit” or just “stuff” but bullshit can’t be used positively or neutrally like that.

Anyway, I’m not being 100% serious here. I did laugh watching the combat with the controls. But I don’t really follow ‘let’s plays’. I rather just play the games myself, and I hate spoilers, so I definitely don’t check the stuff out beforehand.

that’s understandable as i do the same if it’s a game that i’m already interested in, i try to watch nothing about it. - thanks for the feedback.

-btw i didn’t mean sci fi bullshit as bad thing more like it has sci fi in it lol

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Oran 1, I generally liked your ‘Let’s Play’ of Life is Strange as far as I looked but your commentary was interesting enough to have not included derogatory language to start with & expletives throughout -just no need! 
I always appreciate anyone that goes to the trouble of presenting a game on You Tube & even more so when you’re not distracted by a cameo of the presenter taking up a corner of the screen or encroaching on it in another way with giant head-phones encompassing a face just creeping into it!!!  My preference is for efficient playthroughs presented by someone who’s already played the game as I’m not a great lover of watching someone else’s struggle to play it for the 1st time but having said that I only ever access these playthroughs occasionally for screenshots anyway & less so if I’m really stuck & I can’t find a text walkthrough! 

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

chrissie - 20 April 2015 01:02 PM

Hi Oran 1, I generally liked your ‘Let’s Play’ of Life is Strange as far as I looked but your commentary was interesting enough to have not included derogatory language to start with & expletives throughout -just no need! 
I always appreciate anyone that goes to the trouble of presenting a game on You Tube & even more so when you’re not distracted by a cameo of the presenter taking up a corner of the screen or encroaching on it in another way with giant head-phones encompassing a face just creeping into it!!!  My preference is for efficient playthroughs presented by someone who’s already played the game as I’m not a great lover of watching someone else’s struggle to play it for the 1st time but having said that I only ever access these playthroughs occasionally for screenshots anyway & less so if I’m really stuck & I can’t find a text walkthrough!

Thanks for taking your time and having a look Smile i do this let’s plays as first impressions as i don’t wish to act/overreact like some youtubers do, also yeah i myself do not enjoy a webcam on one the corners of the video lol but once again i will say i do swear a bit at times and that’s just how i really am but i do try not to over do it through out the video.

Thanks again for the feedback Smile

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Who are you hoping watches your videos?

If you’re after adventure gamers, I think your comments should focus on what interests them like theories on the story and dissecting the characters.

It’s funny you posted this thread though because I was listening to a Let’s Play of this game that I enjoyed thoroughly: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCyE4i5wvFDi8Eoc-bLXc6z5VyNLbGbO5

Good luck with it.

Joined 2015-04-18

PM

thejobloshow - 21 April 2015 08:17 AM

Who are you hoping watches your videos?

If you’re after adventure gamers, I think your comments should focus on what interests them like theories on the story and dissecting the characters.

It’s funny you posted this thread though because I was listening to a Let’s Play of this game that I enjoyed thoroughly: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCyE4i5wvFDi8Eoc-bLXc6z5VyNLbGbO5

Good luck with it.

I just hope that some people enjoy the commentary on my videos than anything else lol also right now the point posting here is just for feedback, thank you and everyone else so far for it Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top