• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 16 April 2015

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Two things I didn’t care for in Quest for Infamy (2014): the frequent poo and pee jokes (not my type of humor), and the combat system (I suck at action/arcade stuff). But the rest was fine. I’m surprised the AG reviewer didn’t like the voice acting. And why should there a problem with the way women are depicted? Enjoyable game. Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey, that’s Aragorn!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! Yeah, that was my first thought too.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

That was everybody’s first thought Laughing

Looks like the same bar too.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It’s pretty sad that many of these pixellated adventure games have more eye candy for women than most of the High Res titles. I demand more!

I tried the demo a long time ago, should play this one properly but I have sooo many games waiting.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

A cross between Aragorn and Will Riker for me!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 16 April 2015 06:07 AM

Two things I didn’t care for in Quest for Infamy (2014): the frequent poo and pee jokes (not my type of humor)

Who would have guessed? Tongue

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hey, that’s what a child born between Aragorn and Will Riker would like, thank you!!

Funny story about “pee jokes” - much of that (from me as a writer) probably comes from the years I spent on dialysis and going through two kidney transplants.  When you have ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) your kidneys are dead and you literally don’t make urine.  I didn’t pee for five years, and it’s the strangest sensation.  You constantly feel like you have to go, and your bladder feels funny, but you never do.  Imagine living with that sensation constantly… it’s maddening.  And then, after you get a transplant, urine is your LIFE - you have to measure your output (and input) and keep a log of it for months to a year after, so you know it’s working.  They test it constantly to make sure it’s working… you become immune to it.  It seems likes it’s something so simple - everyone is born with the ability to do so, and it seems like an annoying habit of your body’s process - until you lose it.  We started working on Quest for Infamy a few months after my transplant, so I guess that was on my mind.  Humor is my way of coping with a lot of things, so - yeah - at a subconscious level, this way me dealing with that.  Sometimes you have to laugh at it all.

Bt

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Bt, that sounds awful. I hope you’re doing better now.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Well, I’m much better now - it’ll be four years in July that I’ve had my current transplant, and it’s doing well.  A transplant isn’t a cure, though - just a form of treatment.  Much better than dialysis, though.  Dialysis is rough and terrible and I feel for anyone on it.

Bt

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That does put a different perspective on things, Blackthorne.  Thanks for letting us know, and I wish you well.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I’m not saying everyone’s going to like scatological humor, but I did want to talk about where I was coming from when writing the pee jokes.  Plus, one’s a reference to “The Big Lebowski” which is a favorite film of mine.

Bt

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 17 April 2015 01:08 AM
Karlok - 16 April 2015 06:07 AM

Two things I didn’t care for in Quest for Infamy (2014): the frequent poo and pee jokes (not my type of humor)

Who would have guessed? Tongue

I may be stupid again, but I don’t get it. What are you saying? That I make a lot of poo and pee jokes??

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No, more that you don’t. I really should stop making jokes.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So, how about Plundered Hearts?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

After I’m done with Hadean Lands. I don’t know if my poor brain can cope with 2 text adventures at once.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top