• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game sound… uh, game

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

How strange.. the exact same melody tho I tried finding the exact same sound but gave up.. maybe only big similarity

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Or maybe you got your Roman numerals wrong… Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so when a composer uses an old theme of an earlier work for (William Goldstein’) KQIV, we can not call (Ken Allen or Mark Seibert) that they have stolen from it/him or we might just need to say he ve gotten inspired by it?

we need a new medley Kuru Tongue
btw who was the first one who started these medleys back then?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Advie - 09 April 2017 04:37 PM

so when a composer uses an old theme of an earlier work for (William Goldstein’) KQIV, we can not call (Ken Allen or Mark Seibert) that they have stolen from it/him or we might just need to say he ve gotten inspired by it?

Are you sure it’s in KQ4? I can’t find that specific theme there.

we need a new medley Kuru Tongue

I started working on one back in February, but then you people couldn’t even recognize the main theme from KQ7 and I decided that you didn’t deserve a new medley and I scrapped it.

btw who was the first one who started these medleys back then?

It’s a bit complicated:

In August 2005, Wreck started the Famous Adventure Game Action threads, which quickly became the Adventure Game Scene of the Day that we all know and love.

A month later, this inspired Captain Blondebeard to start the Adventure Game Scene… uh, Game thread, which still exists in the current forums (although it’s mostly just zobraks talking to himself now).

A year later, this in turn inspired Roman5 to start the Adventure Game Sound… uh, Game thread, which originally was only about single pieces of music (like the screenshot thread). The thread kind of ran out of steam almost immediately.

However, it reminded Huz that he had created a medley with music from various (non-adventure) games a few years earlier for another forum. He posted this in General.

... Which finally prompted me to create my first adventure game medley, which I posted in the Adventure Game Sound… uh, Game thread, reviving it.

So, I’m not sure who should get the credit. It was a team effort between Roman5, Huz and me.

(By the way, you know how I said I thought I may have already used this piece of music at some point in the past? Well, it was actually in my second medley, 11 years ago. Frankly, I should just repost all my old stuff; no one would know.)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow!! that is a very interesting history you write here.

as for the KQ7 theme, you know its different when it is about a medley and competition, right?

and off course using old pieces with music with new stuff is like making all new, no one would waste time searching in te archives when he doesn’t know which is which!

and Thanks for this piece history AG-Historian Tongue

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 April 2017 05:25 PM

... Which finally prompted me to create my first adventure game medley, which I posted in the Adventure Game Sound… uh, Game thread, reviving it.

So, I’m not sure who should get the credit. It was a team effort between Roman5, Huz and me.

(By the way, you know how I said I thought I may have already used this piece of music at some point in the past? Well, it was actually in my second medley, 11 years ago. Frankly, I should just repost all my old stuff; no one would know.)

Wow, reading that certainly took me back. Smile Do you have the old medleys stored anywhere? I’d love to give them a re-listen; I have a feeling I’d fail to identify half of what I recognized back then (which wasn’t that much in the first place). I mean, there was a country-singing-duo in LSL7?

This space intentionally left blank.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

AFGNCAAP - 13 April 2017 05:01 PM

Wow, reading that certainly took me back. Smile Do you have the old medleys stored anywhere? I’d love to give them a re-listen; I have a feeling I’d fail to identify half of what I recognized back then (which wasn’t that much in the first place). I mean, there was a country-singing-duo in LSL7?

I had uploaded all of them to kiwi6 back when that’s what I was using. I also have the answers, if you can’t be bothered to dig through the original thread.

(Are you back for good, or are you just going to make a few posts and then vanish for another five years, or however long it’s been? Hopefully the former.)

(Also, would someone just say “King’s Quest V” so that we can move this thread along???)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 April 2017 05:34 PM

(Are you back for good, or are you just going to make a few posts and then vanish for another five years, or however long it’s been? Hopefully the former.)

If my memory serves me well, AFGNCAAP vanished into thin air while leading a CP. I expect he hasn’t changed.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 14 April 2017 05:12 AM

If my memory serves me well, AFGNCAAP vanished into thin air while leading a CP. I expect he hasn’t changed.

Well if you’re going to be ageless and faceless, you might as well go the whole way! Tongue

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 April 2017 05:34 PM

I had uploaded all of them to kiwi6 back when that’s what I was using. I also have the answers, if you can’t be bothered to dig through the original thread.

Thanks! And no, no answers; I’ll try to “re-live” them, and follow the answers as they were revealed.

Most probably something in between these extremes, to be honest. But we’ll see. Though I imagine one thing this forum doesn’t lack is a curmudgeonly ex-moderator with an unpronounceable username. Naughty

Karlok - 14 April 2017 05:12 AM

I feel like i should reply something to this, but I am not sure what. Yes, I did vanish. I also owned up to it quite long ago, so it’s not a secret I particularly try to bury. But what’s the relevance of bringing it up here and now?  Unless you are trying to make me stay for good via some kind of reverse psychology, in which case… in which case, you are actually doing a pretty good job.  Laughing

(If you decide to reply to that, I propose to continue in private.)

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

AFGNCAAP - 14 April 2017 05:35 PM

But what’s the relevance of bringing it up here and now?

I always think I’m being crystal clear and then it turns out I’m not. Frown  Sorry, can’t be helped.

(If you decide to reply to that, I propose to continue in private.)

No PMs please.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay, let’s get this trainwreck back on the tracks.

Guess the tune… or die!!!

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Police Quest II, isn’t it?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Correct!
  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!