• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 24 March 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s not often that developers pay attention to what *female* players want. But Jeff Williams did. He gave us Clive Robertson on starship Westwick in the 1st-person adventure Darkstar (2010). As captain O’Neil he manages to look attractive whenever he’s in view, even when dying.  Kiss

The starship too is attractive. Which is a good thing, because that’s where you spend all your time. It’s very big, colorful, and the captain’s quarters are luxurious with paintings on the wall, antique clocks, and a piano! Great atmosphere, good music. The story grabbed me from the start and I really liked the game.

BUT.

The bugs, glitches, crashes became too frustrating and I didn’t finish Darkstar.  Cry

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Apart from the technical problems with the game you’ve experienced Karlok your description has tempted me! Certainly the screenshots I’ve seen so far seem to belie the fact that the game is more interesting than it looks!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Ahhh, the good ole MST3K bunch! I’ve owned this for probably 6 months but can’t play it due to my old dvd drive not being able to read it… dual layer dvd Meh I look forward to when I do get to finally play it! I’ve watched a few videos on youtube but not much, don’t want to spoil anything for myself. From what I’ve seen though takes me back to when I played Dark Side of the Moon and Daedalus Encounter!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have the Black Box set of this, which includes the movie and the t-shirt, but I haven’t played the game yet.  It’s on my ever-growing list.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 24 March 2015 07:43 AM

It’s not often that developers pay attention to what *female* players want. But Jeff Williams did. He gave us Clive Robertson on starship Westwick in the 1st-person adventure Darkstar (2010). As captain O’Neil he manages to look attractive whenever he’s in view, even when dying.  Kiss

I wouldn’t presume to know what those *female* players want, but I do find it hard to recall a FMV game without an attractive male (or female) protagonist, by Hollywood standards.Does Christopher Lloyd count? He was quite the attractive Klingon.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 24 March 2015 07:43 AM

Jeff Williams… manages to look attractive whenever he’s in view…
It’s not often that developers pay attention to what *female* players want.

What if they were catering to the gay audience?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 25 March 2015 09:38 PM

I do find it hard to recall a FMV game without an attractive male (or female) protagonist, by Hollywood standards.

Here you go…  Tongue

One of my favorite games too. Bad Mojo.

zobraks - 26 March 2015 03:45 AM

What if they were catering to the gay audience?

Yes, what if…?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 26 March 2015 05:06 AM

I do find it hard to recall a FMV game without an attractive male (or female) protagonist, by Hollywood standards.

Here you go…  Tongue

Haha! How could I ever forget the odd couple?
That was the worst pairing of “father” and “son” in the history of entertainment.
They don’t have anything in common.
Well, maybe the hysterical laughs (induced by the director’s instructions - Vincent made them overact/laugh like that since he wasn’t sure emotions will show in the low-resolution of the game).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 26 March 2015 06:01 AM

(induced by the director’s instructions - Vincent made them overact/laugh like that since he wasn’t sure emotions will show in the low-resolution of the game).

Really? I didn’t know that. I watched the Making Of and someone says something about actor Michael Summers being way over the top.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

In the same video Vincent explains why he made the actors overact.
“Go over the top!” they all used to say to the actors. Over and over again.
That’s what he said.

P.S. Of course they all laughed their asses off while watching the cutscenes again before Redux hit the shelves - Michael X was hilarious with his overacting. You could see his (faked) emotions from Mars. Without telescope.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 26 March 2015 05:06 AM

Here you go…  Tongue

One of my favorite games too. Bad Mojo.

Roger Samms? He’s a millionaire (spoiler alert?) so that means 99% of women (and gay audience) will be attracted to him. Which means you must be one of the 1%, Karlok.

Besides, everyone knows entomologist is one of the sexiest professions.  Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 26 March 2015 07:29 AM

Roger Samms? He’s a millionaire (spoiler alert?) so that means 99% of women (and gay audience) will be attracted to him.

I can’t speak for gay men and their hope for financial security, but you seem to have a low opinion of women. Sniff…

Which means you must be one of the 1%, Karlok.

Thumbs Up

Besides, everyone knows entomologist is one of the sexiest professions.  Tongue

That is so true! Immensely sexy. Hm… I might change my mind about Roger’s attractiveness. Didn’t he say his aim was to put the cockroach on the list of Endangered Species? My kind of man! Flutter flutter.  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m not attracted to power or money, they actually put me off a bit. If you add the sleazy banker attitude to it, I’d rather go and grab me a homeless bum from street.

But I don’t pretend to be especially deep. Clive Robertson is nice, I actually watched some Sunset Beach because of him and I’m not a friend of soaps. And I basically have hots for any guy with a long hair.

About Darkstar… the lack of subtitles didn’t amuse me. I have the game and will play it eventually though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 26 March 2015 07:39 AM
Oscar - 26 March 2015 07:29 AM

Roger Samms? He’s a millionaire (spoiler alert?) so that means 99% of women (and gay audience) will be attracted to him.

I can’t speak for gay men and their hope for financial security, but you seem to have a low opinion of women. Sniff…

Not women, only Germans. They don’t seem to have much of a sense of humour.  Kiss

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Phew! Thank God I’m not German cause for a moment I thought you…
Never mind.  Kiss

BTW, you never answered my question about the Plundered Hearts playthrough in the CP thread. I haven’t given up hope yet.

millenia - 26 March 2015 10:20 AM

But I don’t pretend to be especially deep. Clive Robertson is nice, I actually watched some Sunset Beach because of him and I’m not a friend of soaps.

Shallow is my middle name and I find the way Clive Robertson moves very attractive.

About Darkstar… the lack of subtitles didn’t amuse me.

Same here.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 27 March 2015 04:44 AM

BTW, you never answered my question about the Plundered Hearts playthrough in the CP thread. I haven’t given up hope yet.

What was the question again? Don’t worry PH will win the next CP vote, especially if we both create fake voting accounts and zobraks sees the game’s cover.

If not, we can have a PH thread and set sail for St Sinestra ourselves, leaving our scurvy AG shipmates behind. It’s no more than they deserve.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top