• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters ***The Big Spoiler***  Questions&Conclusions;

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

April Ryan + Kian Alvane = Lady Alvane ?

Saga: Sister, Daughter = of who ?

Share your conclusion, or your question!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I believe Saga is a time jump. She’s actually April Ryan before she was give for adoption for some reason. She’s the sister/daugter of the white dragon.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 20 March 2015 04:15 AM

I believe Saga is a time jump. She’s actually April Ryan before she was give for adoption for some reason. She’s the sister/daughter of the white dragon.

Well, I thought of the white dragon Quote/Saying from TLJ before dying, but isn’t that too obvious to be the New game catch? , I doubt it, or at least I want to!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I need to replay TLJ/Dreamfall, I keep having to go to the wiki to see who are these characters and what references I’m missing… That Saga theory does seem to make sense.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 20 March 2015 04:15 AM

I believe Saga is a time jump. She’s actually April Ryan before she was give for adoption for some reason. She’s the sister/daugter of the white dragon.

I don’t quite buy it, it is too neat and simple, and things are never neat and simply the the TLJ saga.

I believe that [spoiler]we should take the title Reborn more literally, that Saga is April Ryan reborn, as in reincarnated.[/spoiler]

As for Lady Alvane, it has always been assumed that it was April Ryan, and given Kian’s last name, the most obvious answer is that they simply marry. But now that April is dead, it doesn’t quite add up, so I really don’t know.

A couple of other questions:

1) Is Zoë dreaming or is she actually in Propast?
My own view is that it is both! She is dreaming, but she has dreamt herself into Propast, similar to how she dreamt herself into Marcuria in Dreamfall.

2) Who is the prophet?

3) Will Cortez play a role in this game?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 20 March 2015 12:54 PM

1) Is Zoë dreaming or is she actually in Propast?
My own view is that it is both! She is dreaming, but she has dreamt herself into Propast, similar to how she dreamt herself into Marcuria in Dreamfall.

Neat Izno!!! .. that bring to my mind one of the scenes at the very begining of bookI, as Zoe sleeping and the Old & New Zoe(s) are right up next to her

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Izno, I returned a specific part in the game that I remembered after reading your previous post, again! while Zoe watches the rain from her flat’ window!
but anyways just Listen to this http://picosong.com/V3SB/

Also as the interpretation of ‘rain’ in dreams, it suggested: watching the rain from a window indicates that spiritual ideas and insights are being brought to your awareness.?? (i looked it up) but nothing about when it is raining indoor but not outdoors!

Does that make any sense, or give you any kind of idea?, it’s just strange, like something’s missing or a kind of indication that surely i dont get it Mini Frown

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I just finished playing The Longest Journey. Although I didn’t like the long dialogues and the fact that many riddles were depending on them, I still enjoyed the Journey. I found the story very interesting although they could have made it a little less detailed.
That was for an intro. I know this topic is not about our general impressions on the games of the series. But since I got into the story I wanted to look for the next chapters and then I “stepped” on this topic. What I think is that Lady Alvane is quite obviously April Ryan, since at the end of TLJ she’s discussing with Crow about their common past. I don’t know what happened next, on Dreamfall, but I know that April Ryan/Lady Alvane lived to a very very old age.
May I also make a suggestion? Since the “Big Spoiler” warning is on the title of this thread, wouldn’t it be easier to post without the hidden lines?

Edit: Do Dreamfall: TLJ and Chapters have a strict storyline or are they more “open” like RPGs?

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 20 March 2015 09:32 PM

Izno, I returned a specific part in the game that I remembered after reading your previous post, again! while Zoe watches the rain from her flat’ window!
but anyways just Listen to this http://picosong.com/V3SB/

Yeah the rain is part of the reason why I think that it is somehow not entirely real, but some kind of dream, but at the same time not just a dream.
But I was also thinking about what Queniee said:
I remember the first you visited, I told you you weren’t…quite her. And you’re not. Part of you is lost in dreaming. And part of you… Part of you is a dream. You’re not all here. That worries me.

scorp18 - 22 March 2015 05:28 AM

Edit: Do Dreamfall: TLJ and Chapters have a strict storyline or are they more “open” like RPGs?

They are 3D with more or less free exploration, but they still have a strict storyline, chapters however also have a lot of choice-consequence somewhat similar to the Telltale games.

scorp18 - 22 March 2015 05:28 AM

I don’t know what happened next, on Dreamfall

If you don’t know what happens in Dreamfall and Chapters up till now, then you are risking reading some major spoilers by reading this thread, and a lot of what this thread is about is things that you haven’t encountered yet.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have been hearing the theory that ANNA is APRIL, AND MUCH ppl to believe in it, i DONT know where some get those ideas!
does anyone see this making any sense, anyway?

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 22 May 2015 06:34 PM

I have been hearing the theory that ANNA is APRIL, AND MUCH ppl to believe in it, i DONT know where some get those ideas!
does anyone see this making any sense, anyway?

Yeah I have heard that too, and I believe it is ludicrous. But the game kind of lend itself to these kind of speculations as there are so many things up in the air, and so many unanswered questions.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TWEETS BY RAGNAR: (newest tweet on top).

“Zoë‘s story will come to a proper conclusion, though. Not leaving that hanging any longer. One way or another, her journey ends soon.”

” Our goal is to provide a sense of closure in case the saga ends with Book Five, but leave the door open for the journey to continue.”

“Books 4 & 5 are really all about tying the separate strands of the saga together & bringing things to a satisfactory conclusion. Sort of.”

“So much fun to return to scribbled notes from 18 years ago, connecting the threads & merging the storylines. Never thought I’d get to do it.”

“Book Four connects back to TLJ in some surprising & exciting ways. The more you know, the stronger the links. Time to brush up on that lore.”

P.S: Not very proper to share at the Game’s thread, and not very proper here aswel, but at least no one here would accuse me for posting spoiling stuff!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved the first two games, I am still waiting for the IOS version to be released. However, I can only wait so long…...... Sick

This games sounds like I’m gunna love it big time!

Meh

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top