• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shadow of Nebula goes Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I first noticed this game about a year and half ago. That time the release date was supposed to be Q3 2014. That season has passed and it wasn’t released. But then I started checking their FB page for updates. It was Greenlit some months ago and now there’s a kickstarter campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1746322034/shadow-of-nebula !

What I personally like about the game? First of all the sci-fi plot! Then, the third-person perspective. It’s a lot like the old-school point-n-clicks. Actually, its graphics are like pixel-art but in HD. I mean, some old games’ gfx weren’t realistic but neither cartoonish (The Dig, Beneath a Steel Sky, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis…). I think that Shadow of Nebula manages to have modern gfx without being too realistic nor cartoonish. What I also like is the fact that the text appears over the character as he speaks and not as subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Gives an “old-times” atmosphere.
About the soundtrack I really like as much as I’ve heard but I’ve just played the demo (available at kickstarter) only for some minutes. It’s something positive anyway!

I believe it’s a very promising project and should be given a chance!

Opinions?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I too recently checked out their Kickstarter. What I really dug was the music/sound part of it, they seem to really have that stuff locked down tight. Not crazy about the art style but that’s just subjective. Something that unfortunately might be working against them is that their KS video kind of lacks focus and meanders off - not that it’s uninformative or anything, just a little drawn out and weirdly structured. I wish them luck but it seems these days on KS asking 50k for a game without providing a demo or at least significant gameplay footage is a hard proposition. But who knows, they might make it. Best of luck to’em.

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

But there is a demo! Check right under the Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr banners! Smile

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Oh, OK, my bad! They usually mention it in the KS video, did they?? I guess I didn’t scroll down, huh. Downloading now, I’m really curios.

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Finally had the time to sit down and play this one. To sum it up it’s a nice game.

The story seems interesting but the demo is not enough to really get into it. I liked the graphics and the soundtrack. There’s lack of voice acting but I guess it’ll be added later. Not that it’s bad like that. It reminds me of old Amiga times!
The gameplay now… There are many spots to explore in every screen. This is a plus but can get a bit frustrating when you don’t know what to do because there are too many possible next moves! The riddles were not difficult but as I mentioned before there are so many possible moves (because of the many hotspots) that even if you try to do something logical it won’t work unless you do exactly what you’re supposed to do. Well, that’s what happens with all games but in this one it’s a bit exaggerated in my opinion. For example, you need a cable and you have a sharp piece of metal, but you can’t cut it unless you obtain another sharp item. I’m also not so enthusiastic about Cyberspace (maybe that’s because I also don’t like Beneath a Steel Sky?) but I can live with it. Lastly I noticed some mistakes in the vocabulary or syntax. But I believe that there will be one more pass over the texts for such mistakes.

All in all, it gives the feeling of good old point-n-click and I’m waiting until it’s finished to add it to my collection! Grin

If you don’t want to play it, check out the kickstarter page. There are some updates with gameplay videos

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top