• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 18 March 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lumino City (2014) is an immensely beautiful and cute puzzle game. I’m not very good at puzzles (haven’t finished The Bridge Frown), so I promised myself at the start that it was okay to peek at a walkthrough. Shifty Eyed I did peek a couple of times, but most puzzles are easier than they look. I love how the perspective of the game world changes when Lumi climbs, jumps, slides, and swings. I wish they’d left out most of the text though, a puzzle game doesn’t really need any. The conversations were uninteresting and the tiny print made them hard to read.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Like many, many times before, I wonder if there is an adventure game you haven’t tried to play.
You make me feel like Alice The Movie Man so often.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ah, but trying and finishing is not the same. I have more unfinished adventures than Diego or anyone else here.  Shifty Eyed Worse, I won’t finish 95 percent of that large pile. My eyes are bigger than my stomach.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

All these cool games I’m discovering are just making me postpone playing Toonstruck in the CP. Which is good. Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 18 March 2015 06:25 AM

All these cool games I’m discovering are just making me postpone playing Toonstruck in the CP. Which is good. Smile

Postponing is NEVER good, Matt!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 18 March 2015 09:41 AM

Postponing is NEVER good, Matt!

Except when it comes to dusting.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

That’s a dangerous design, Lady K. Postponing dusting that is.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 18 March 2015 04:26 PM

That’s a dangerous design, Lady K. Postponing dusting that is.

Oh yes! Very dangerous. Quote from an author who never fails to impress me: Annie Dillard.

Quick: Why aren’t you dusting? On every continent, we sweep floors and wipe tabletops not only to shine the place, but to forstall burial.

It is interesting, the debris in the air. A surprising portion of it is spider legs, and bits thereof. Spider legs are flimsy, Oxford writer David Bodanis says, because they are hollow. They lack muscles: compressed air moves them. Consequently, they snap off easily and go blowing about. Another unexpected source of aerial detritus is tires. Eroding tires shed latex shreds at a brisk clip, say the folks who train their microscopes on air. Farm dust joins sulfuric acid droplets (from burned fossil fuels) and sand from the Sahara Desert to produce the summer haze that blurs and dims valleys and coasts.

We inhale “many hundreds of particles in each breath we take,” says Bodanis. Air routinely carries intimate fragments of rug, dung, carcasses, leaves and leaf hairs, coral, coal, skin, sweat, soap, silt, pollen, algae, bacteria, spores, soot, ammonia, and spit, as well as “sand crystals from ocean whitecaps, dust scraped off distant mountains, micro bits of cooled, magma blown from vulcanoes and charred microfragments from tropical forest fires.” These things can add up.

At dusk the particles meet rising water vapor, stick together, and fall: that is when they will bury you. Soil bacteria eat what they can, and the rest of it stays put if there’s no wind. After thirty years, there is a new inch of topsoil.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I was actually giving a hint (as usual) , but I like your tractate on dust(ing) .

We inhale “many hundreds of particles in each breath we take,” says Bodanis. Air routinely carries intimate fragments of rug, dung, carcasses, leaves and leaf hairs, coral, coal, skin, sweat, soap, silt, pollen, algae, bacteria, spores, soot, ammonia, and spit,

Jesus. I’ll never inhale again (as long as I live).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 19 March 2015 07:20 AM

I was actually giving a hint (as usual) ,

I should have known…

but I like your tractate on dusting .

Micrometeorite dust can bury you too, if you wait: A ton falls on earth every hour.

Annie Dillard - For The Time Being

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just finished this charming little game. I was just thinking while I played, is it the first example of a ‘reverse FMV’ approach - filmed backgrounds with animated characters, instead of the other way around? It was quite clever how they did it.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Just remembered this one: Jello Biafra with The Melvins - Never Breathe What You Can’t See .

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top